The Color Of Love. Chapter 26

Chapter 26

I sat next to Lyci on her couch flipping through TV channels. She had got me out of my bed and over here. It had been two days since I found out that Jake was getting married, so that meant six days before he was officially a husband and eight days before I was suppose to leave to go back home. I was thinking about just leaving early, I mean, I really didn't want to be here for the wedding. It was a small town and ever since I found out it seemed like so many people have been talking about it. Why couldn't they have talked about it before I had sex with him, so I would have known? And to make matters worse, mom and I really weren't talking either. We said the occasional 'hello' and 'bye' but nothing else. I mean, why couldn't she just tell me what happened. She knew I was coming down here and she knew I would ask questions once I saw that my dad wasn't there. I mean seriously, she should have had a whole speech prepared. I sighed. My whole world was turning upside down and I wished I would just fall off of it once it completed its full turn.  

"So…." Lyci dragged out. I looked at her.  

"So what," I replied. She didn't say anything for awhile.  

"I talked to Jake Alyssa."  

"Okay?"   Where was she going with this?

"Why aren't you talking to him?" she asked. Jake had called me what seemed like a million times and sent me like fifty text messages. I didn't want to talk to him. He got what he wanted which was sex so why can't we just both stop talking to each other.  

"You can't be mad because he's getting married to another girl," She said after I didn't say anything.  

"What?" I shouted.

"Listen Alyssa I know that-- "she started. 

"No you know nothing," I said cutting her off. I sighed and let out a deep breath.  

"Me and Jake had sex," I said holding my head in my hands.  

"What?" she asked in disbelief. 

"We had sex, I didn't know that he was getting married, he didn't tell me and that's why I'm not talking to him."  I informed her.

"Holy shit, oh crap," she shouted 

"Yea I know, tell me about it," I said. 

"That bastard, what the hell was he thinking and why didn't he tell me that when we talked? Alyssa, I am so sorry," she said. 

'Why?" I asked confused.  It wasn’t her fault that Jake had lied to me.

"I invited him and Chris over so you could talk but that was before I knew everything," she said. 

"Lyci you're kidding right? Why would you do that, why not ask me first?"  

"I just know how stubborn you are and knew you wouldn't agree," she said.