The Race For Love. Chapter 5

ENJOY

COMMENT/VOTE/FAN

ENJOY

I knocked on the door. It was a while before I heard her speak.

"Jake you need to just go," she said barely enough for me to hear.

"Alyssa please, just let me talk to you," I begged.

"About what? There's nothing to talk about Jake. We have nothing to talk about," she said speaking louder.

"What! Jake's out there?" I heard someone say. It was Lyci. "Alyssa open the door" I laughed. I heard the knob turning and shuffling.

"Lyci stop," I heard Alyssa shouted "Don't let him in!"

"Why not," Lyci asked. "I want to see Jake." I was laughing as the door opened revealing Lycia and Alyssa.

"Jake," she shouted pulling me into a hug. I hugged her back.

"Whassup Lyci, how you been?"

"Amazing," she smiled. "Come inside."

"Lyci, this isn't your damn house, you can't just invite people in," Alyssa said.

"Alyssa come on! It's Jake," Lyci said.

"Exactly," Alyssa replied.

"Alyssa come on," I said. She sighed and reluctantly walked back into the house; she had been outnumbered. I strolled in after her and Lyci closed the door behind me. I plopped on the couch.

"So what have you been up to Jake," Lyci asked.

"Nothing much," I said. "What about you?"

"You know, the usual, just hanging around. So, how's your wife?"

"We're not married anymore," I told her. She looked at Lyci and then at me.

"Oh sorry, so how long have you been down here," she asked.

" A few days. I came to see Alyssa a few times but she won't really talk to me," I told her hoping that Lyci could talk some sense into Lyssa"

"What? Alyssa, why didn't you tell me Jake came by?"

"There wasn't much to tell," she said not making eye contact. She was mad and I could tell.

"What do you mean," Lyci asked.

"I mean just what I said," Alyssa retorted. I had to stop this little argument, obviously there was some hostility between them.

"So---" I started.

"Why are you acting like that? Obviously he came to see you for a reason," Lyci said.

"I know that," Alyssa said back.

"Obviously you don't since you are being stupid."

"I'm married!"

"Yea it's okay Lyci, she has Trevon" I said trying to cease their argument. It was quiet for a while until Lyci interrupted the silence.

"He hits her," she blurted. That was a shocker and obviously it shocked Alyssa too from the look that crossed her face.

"What!!" Lysa shouted.

I could not believe her. That bitch! I was already mad at Jake for coming here and aggravated at Lyci for letting him in but now, I was pissed. As if the time on a bomb hit 0, I exploded.

"Why would you say that?! Have you ever seen him hit me? I've told you before that he doesn't do that, so you need to stop talking shit that you don't know. You know what, I don't even know why I'm friends with you because you're the worst friend ever! I keep being the good friend and forgiving you even though you have done too many wrong things that are over the top.

"First, you stop being my friend because I'm dating Jake and all because he's white, which I don't see why you are all friendly with him now. You get yourself knocked up and I was there for you. Then, I marry Trevon and you sleep with him. What the fuck kind of friend are you? All I know is that I'm a good ass friend because I forgave you for all that shit, but you you are ridiculous! You know what, you need to leave my house right now," I said. The look on both of their faces was complete shock probably because they didn't expect that of me; well that's what happens when you hold your tongue for so long.

"Alyssa just calm down, she's your best friend," Jake said.

"What? Jake you know nothing! You haven't seen me or her in like three years. Which reminds me, why are you here? Did you really come here with intentions of getting me back? Wow, I don't see how you could think that I would go back to you after all the bullshit you put me through. Even if I wasn't married and completely single I still wouldn't give you a chance. I don't love you at all, I don't even like you; I hate you! So as far as I'm concerned, you and Lyci can escort each other out and never come back again," I said. I hadn't realize I was crying until I felt tears tickling down my chin. I wiped my face. Jake's face showed hurt and so did Lyci's, but I didn't care they deserved it. At least right now I didn't. They still stood there.

"Are you fucking deaf," I shouted.

"Lyssa please-" I didn't want to hear it.

"Just go," I said my voice breaking. I walked upstairs to my room, shut and locked the door. I was so angry, but I was also hurt. Everything that they both did to me was just overwhelming and everything was running through my mind at once. I heard the door slam shut down stairs. I don't care if they were mad, I was more madd. I had never done anything to them but give them love and they took it for granted. Well my love wasn't going to be taken for granted anymore.