The Color Of Love. Chapter 14

Chapter 14

I listened to Jake and Lyci arguing; they got on my nerves so much. Maybe they were better off not being friends because they barely talked, now all they do is argue and the stuff they argued over was stupid crap.

"Superman would beat an Avatar's ass," Jake said 

"Nu-uh! Did you watch Avatar? Superman wouldn't even be able to breathe," Lyci shot back. 

"Yea he would because he's superman, and he can fly; Avatar's can't fly!" 

"They can jump and they do fly! They fly on birds." 

"Fuck! Can y'all shut up and fight over something that's worth arguing about," I said. It was tiring just listening to them. 

"Alyssa you're just mad because Avatar and Superman can beat all three of the powder-puff girls," Lyci said. Jake laughed. 

"Shut up," I said again. 

"So, are we going to Blake's senior year party, the whole school is invited?" Lyci asked. 

"Lyci are you sure you should be partying?" 

"Of course, why shouldn't she? It's like our last high school party," Jake said. Ugh now that they were friends they would sort of always gang up on me.  I had to say I didn’t like it, but at least they were cordial with each other. They had become more than cordial.

"Yea, why shouldn't I Lyssa?" Lyci said glaring at me. 

"I don't know. Forget it," I said and with that the bell rang signaling the end of lunch. 

"How does this look>" I asked Lyci holding up a strapless dress against my body. It was thirty minutes until the party started; Lyci and I were still trying to figure out what we were going to wear and trust me it wasn't easy. 

"Um no, don't wear that, how about this one?" she said holding up a miniskirt and strapless shirt. 

“I love it. I think that's what I'm going to wear," I quickly put on the outfit. It was cute. I put on some wedge heels and looked at the finished project in the mirror. I looked great. This would definitely be the outfit that I would be wearing. 

"Okay now you?" I said grabbing some clothes to find for Lyci. She ended up wearing jean shorts with heels and a strapless loose black top. We both stood in the mirror and I took a picture. Gosh, senior year was really almost over. I grabbed my keys and we were out the door.

We arrived at the party at nine o’ clock; it was already packed and the music was blaring causing my ear drums to vibrate/  I grabbed Lyci by the hand and walked inside. As we were walking some guy asked her to dance and she said yes; I think she knew the guy, otherwise she would have declined. Just like Lyci, always leaving me, so I went to go look for Jake. I searched the crowd  scanning all the people looking for Jakes’ handsome face.