The Color Of Love. Chapter 22

Chapter 22

I looked in the mirror at my appearance and then looked back at Karen. I pulled my skirt and top down.  

"Alyssa stop!" she said fixing my top and hiking up my skirt. 

"Karen I feel, no, correct that, I look like a slut!" I shouted.

"Actually you look cute and you're trying to make Jake jealous and this outfit will definitely work." She stated.

 I looked at my appearance once again. My white shirt was folded and tied so that it stopped right under my breast line and under the shirt you could see my red lace bra which peeked out at the top of my shirt. The red skirt which barely covered my ass made me feel naked. Karen had tried to get me to wear a red thong under the skirt but I objected and went for red lace boy shorts which matched my bra. The white socks rested about an inch above my knees and the red chucks definitely made the outfit a little less sluttish. My hair was in two pig tails which were tied in red ribbons and as for my face, I only wore eye liner and lip gloss.

I looked at Karen, she was wearing a piece of lingerie that was black silk and lacey. She wore cat ears on her head and painted whiskers on her face to turn it into a costume. Chris had invited us to a costume kind of party at his dorm and he told me that I needed to be there. It was problem a costume party only for girls though. The guys weren't going to dress up. They just wanted to see the girls with as little as possible on. I didn't want to go at first until Karen brought up this whole making Jake jealous thing. To be truthful I was still heartbroken and my heart ached for Jake. My body ached for Jake to have his arms around me. My lips ached for his to be pressed against mine. I missed him so much but I tried to hide it. I tried to act like he didn't affect me anymore, like I was over him, but inside I wasn't and I was hurting so bad; on the inside I was slowly deteriorating. I hadn't seen Jake in two weeks since the time I went over his place and he called me pathetic. Tears started to appear in my eyes as I thought about it again. 

"Alyssa are you okay?" Karen asked. 

"Yea," I said gathering myself together. Tonight, I was going to be over Jake. I would dance with anybody and everybody there no matter what. If he still cared for me, he would say or do something. If not, I guess he really didn't love me anymore. Tonight there was only one thing on my mind-

MAKE JAKE TAYLOR WILLIAMS JEALOUS! 

"You ready?" I asked her. 

"Yea," she replied. 

"Let's do this," I told her grabbing my keys off the dresser.  

I stepped out the car and walked over to where Karen was. I was so nervous that it felt like I had about a billion butterflies in my stomach and none of them would fly away.  

"I can't do this," I told Karen heading back to the car. She grabbed my hand and pulled me back. 

"Yes you can Alyssa, just take a deep breath. Breathe in and breathe out," she repeated. 

"Okay," I said. 

"You ready?" she asked.