The Race For Love. Chapter 2

Put your story text here...I unlocked the door and proceeded into my apartment where I had been staying for about a month or two now. I took off my coat and shoes at the door and laid them upon the table. Tiff and I had decided that our marriage wasn't working about a year ago, we had thought about a divorce then but somehow agreed upon trying to work it out. Well it definitely wasn't going to work out. I knew this when I came home one day to find her in bed with another guy. My bed. I wasn't even mad. To be honest, I wasn't even hurt or bothered by the fact that she was sleeping with another guy. I was, however, hurt and bothered by the fact that the guy she was sleeping with was my best friend. I chuckled to myself. Yup, Will had fucked my wife. I remember just standing there in shock by the fact that my best friend was part of the reason why my wife didn't love me, so I ended up dragging him out my house and leaving him on the front lawn with no clothes on and without his car keys. Hey, it may have been drastic but he was lucky that I didn't beat his ass. The next day I ended up looking for an apartment and that is what brought me here. I went into my bedroom and finished packing all four of my suitcases. I was going to Alabama to get Alyssa back and who knew how long that would take. She was forgiving but she was also very stubborn and I knew she wasn't going to run back into my arms, why would she? I had treated her like shit. I picked the suitcases up and placed them by the door. I grabbed my tote bag which was filled with food for my five hour drive since I now resided in Tennessee. Then, I grabbed my bags and took them down to my car. Once in my car I took out my phone and texted Chris. We had become more like brothers in the past years, especially since Will and I didn't even associate any more.

Send: Chris

Im leaving. Wish me luck

From: Chris

Aightt do what u gotta do.

I sighed and cranked the music up more. I was now on my way to Alabama, who knows how this is going to play out.

I arrived at the Holiday Inn in Deatsville at about midnight after running off the road a few times from falling asleep. I went into the hotel, which wasn't much, and checked in. Once my head hit the pillow I was knocked out.

I woke up the next morning trying to figure out where I was headed first. It was either my parents' house or Alyssa's parents' house. I definitely didn't want to have to tell my mom that Tiffany and I had gotten a divorce. She knew nothing about our marriage so she didn't even know that we were having problems. I decided on going to Alyssa's parents' house first. Maybe they had changed and were more accepting of me now.

I arrived at the Holiday Inn in Deatsville at about midnight after running off the road a few times from falling asleep. I went into the hotel, which wasn't much, and checked in. Once my head hit the pillow I was knocked out.

I woke up the next morning trying to figure out where I was headed first. It was either my parent's house or Alyssa's parent's house. I definitely didn't want to have to tell my mom that me and Tiffany had gotten a divorce. She knew nothing about me and Tiffany's marriage so she didn't even know that we were having problems. I decided on going to Alyssa's parent's house first. Maybe they had changed and were more accepting of me now.

I pulled into Alyssa's driveway. Damn being here brought back so many memories. It was like a trip down memory lane. I got out the car and walked up to the front door and took a deep breath before I knocked. I was prepared for whatever was coming. No more than a minute later the door opened and Alyssa's mom appeared.

"Hey" I said losing everything else that I had planned on saying.

"Hi" she replied. I shook my head trying to gather my thoughts.

"I don't know if you remember me but-"

"Oh course I remember you" she interrupted "Jake right?" she questioned. I nodded.

"It's kind of hard to forget you. You brought quite the scandal into our house hold you know" A crooked smile crossed my face.

"Yea sorry about all that, I didn't mean---"

"What brings you here Jake" she said interrupting me once again.

"I was wondering if Alyssa was here or if you have an address that I can contact her at" I asked

"Why" She asked

"I was getting a reunion together for most of the people in our Senior class" I lied "Would you happen to have Lyci's address too." I said trying to make my situation more believable. She walked back into the house and came back with a slip of paper and handed it to me.

"That Alyssa's address and telephone number. I would suggest you call first" she stated.

"Thanks" I muttered even though I knew I wasn't going to call first because I knew she was going to say that she didn't want to see me.

"Oh and Jake, you better not be down here for anything other than a reunion, because Alyssa's married and she doesn't need you to come back into her life to mess it up" she stated.

"Yes mamm" I replied as I headed to my car. Damn. What the fuck? She was married! When did this happen? I couldn't believe it. To whom, I wondered. I got in my car and cranked it up and put the address in my GPS. There was only one way to find out.

I pulled up in front of a two story house. It was a nice house. It was the cliché house that most girls wanted when they were little. Two story house, the white picket fence, and the berry bushes in front. The only thing missing was the dog running around in the front yard. I got out of my car and walked up to the door. My palms were beginning to sweat and a knot was forming in the pit of my stomach. All of a sudden this seemed like a bad idea from some reason. I took a couple of deep breaths and gained the courage to knock.