The Race For Love. Chapter 7

NEW CHAPTER

PLEASE VOTE COMMENT AND TWEET AND LIKE.

I WOULD REALLY LIKE FOR THIS STORY TO BE BACK ON THE WHATS HOT LIST LIKE IT WAS BEFORE

PLEASE & THANX

ENJOY

I looked out the window. We had been driving for about thirty minutes. No words had been said since we left, but to my surprise the silence wasn't awkward. I looked over at Jake as he drove. How long would it take to get to his house? I didn't even know where he lived at.

"Jake, where do you live," I asked him.

"In Memphis, Tennessee," he stated.

"What!" I just about yelled "When did you move there?"

"About three years ago."

"So we are going all the way to Tennessee."

"Yup, with a few detours along the way of course."

"What kind of detours."

"Just places I think you would enjoy," he said. I gave him a weird look. "Don't worry about it Alyssa, as long as you are with me, you are in good hands."

"Negative."

"Okay, we'll see," he said a few minutes before I ended up falling asleep. I woke up because I was being thrown into the window. I lifted my head and looked at Jake.

"My bad, I didn't think that turn was going to be that sharp," he stated while laughing.

"Yup and I am supposed to be safe in your hands," I sat upright and glanced out the window. We were turning in to some kind of park. "Where are you going?"

"To Desoto Caverns, have you ever been there before?" I shook my head.

"Great, we should have a lot of fun, especially with you being so competitive."

"I am not competitive."

"Whatever. Do you not remember the last time we went to an amusement park? How you cut me off on the go-karts and how you suckered me in laser tag." I laughed.

"You're just a sore-loser Jake."

"Okay, well we'll see who the loser is today," he said before getting out of the car. I got out also and met him on the other side. He grabbed my hand and tugged. "Come on." I followed him inside a little building and up to a ticket booth looking thing.

"What can I get for you," a girl asked at the counter.

"A tour and four attractions," he said.

"Okay sir, that will be sixty-nine, ninety-nine." I watched as Jake pulled out his wallet and gave the cash to the girl.