Christmas with Ochako

I was in the dorms walking to the kitchen to make some Christmas cookies

I was in the dorms walking to the kitchen to make some Christmas cookies. I'm usually alone on Christmas since my family would rather do something extravagant and I'm not really into that. While heading down the stairs a beautiful sweet sound of someone humming began to grow. I didn't know what to think everyone was off with their families and I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who stayed.

I continued walking down the stairs slower my footsteps quieter. Peeking around the corner the short brunette hair and round smiling face of Ochako could barley be seen on the couch. She had wrapped herself in two pink and black blankets covering herself ,only her head showing like a weird potato.

Her eyes closed and earphones in ears ,I figured she thought she was the only one here as well. I walked off the last step making my way over to her. 'So cute!' I thought as I acknowledged the happy expression on her face and the Santa hat atop her head.

A smile crossed my face as I took out an earbud from her ear and whispered,"What chu listening to?" She jumped up knocking herself off the couch wide eyed she looked at me shocked and scared but soon realizing it's just me her eyes softened and a mad expression replaced the frightened one.

"What was that for!" She yelled untangling herself from the blankets and standing up. A smile still on my face I sat next to the place she once was. "Just thought I'd give you a little scare." I answer as she gathers her blankets sitting down next to me. "LiTtLe ScArE?! I aLmOsT hAd A HeArT aTtAcK!" Ochako half yelled making me giggle.

"Anyways what are you doing here? It's Christmas!" I asked looking into her brown eyes. "I could ask you the same thing but I know you don't like all the fancy parties your parents go to. Me and my parents celebrated Christmas yesterday because they are going to go on a little vacation I encouraged them to go on." She answered.

"You encouraged them to go on vacation on Christmas?" I asked curiously as she handed me the black blanket ,Ochako now only using the pink one. "Yeah they've seemed stressed lately so as a vacation I let them be by themselves, you know to enjoy each other's company and have no worries for a day." She replied making me smile. "You know you're to sweet for your own good Ochako!" I exclaim pinching her cheek softly.

We sat there on the couch for a while staring at each other ,a soft smile on her face. I broke the silence asking if she wanted to bake Christmas cookies with me, ending with her excitedly agreeing.

The previous day I had bought lots of milk, pre-made cookie dough, Christmas cookie cutters, and etc.