Better as friends

(Y/N)'s P.O.V   
After school

I invited Shinso, Ochako, Iida, Momo, and Deku to come along to my house as well. Kirishima happily followed next to me as Bakugo was behind me. We made it to my house and everyone got settled in as I brought my console to the living room. Iida helped me set it up. Luckily I had four controllers. Bakugo, Kirishima, Deku, and Momo started to play a random game as Iida was watching making sure no one was cheating.

Shinso has pulled me to the side to talk about something. We were in my room alone as the chatter from the living room echoed through the walls. "So uh what did you want to talk about." I asked nervously. I was nervous about what he wanted to say. I liked him yes but liking him as more than a friend did cross my mind every once in a while.

He starred at my (e/c) eyes as I starred back into his purple ones. Before I could ask again his soft lips pressed deep into mine making a gasp escape my now captured lips. He pulled away and looked at the ground blushing.

Why did this feel so...wrong no that's not the word it felt awkward it felt as if I had kissed a family member.

"Fuck.." I heard him say so low I it was barely audible. "Look (y/n) I like you but I've been thinking...I like you as a friend more than as a gf...." He started to trail off as his voice became quieter and quieter as if I wasn't supposed to hear what he was saying.

I understood what he said. I loved him but the thought of loving like that didn't feel right. It felt like a piece of me faded a bit and my heart hurt telling me that we shouldn't.

"Im Sorry...for kissing you...can we please remain as best friends I don't want things to be awkward between us because I kissed you." He spoke as he looked at me with sorry eyes.

Shinso's P.O.V

I've been thinking about my relationship with (Y/N). At first I thought I loved her but the more we hang out the more I think of her as a sister more than a lover. It would be weird to love LOVE your sister. But I needed to know for sure how I was feeling. I pulled her to the side to talk to her as the others played useless video games.

"So uh what did you want to talk about." She said nervousness heard within her voice. What was she feeling? I starred at her before I kissed her but a burning almost painful sensation came across my chest telling me this isn't right. I pulled away as I was finally sure of my feelings. 'I don't love her like that she's like a sister to me.' I thought in my head. "Fuck" escaped my lips barely audible. I looked at the ground my face a bit heated.

"Look (y/n) I like you but I've been thinking...I like you as a friend more than as a gf...." I started as I slowly trailed off I was trying my best to not sound like a douche for possibly messing with her feelings. I looked up at her, her face reading mine.

"I-I feel the same way. I want to be best friends forever but nothing more as well." She told me in a soft reassuring voice before her warm arms wrapped around me giving me a big hug. I hugged back relieved that she felt the same way. I don't want to leave her but I also want her to be happy. I know that remaining friends would make us both happy. Heck I could protect her from these fuck boys now that things won't be awkward.

"Come in let's join the others bestie." She sang with a smile as she let go of me. I smiled happily nodding a yes. We went back into the living room seeing that they were arguing about who won. 'To noisy' I thought before sitting in the couch next to (y/n) as she joined the conversation.