Chapter 29 ♡ Damage Already Done? (1/1)

Chris,

"Can we have it by tomorrow?"

"Ight, thanks man."

As I hung up with Trell, Ty's right man, I spun around in the chair and got on the computer to check my emails and anything else important.

As soon as I logged on, my heart skipped a beat. Stacy was my screen saver... how could I ever forget? I smiled at the picture remembering all the good things that happened between us before this happened. I pressed my lips together staring at the picture.

"Dad!" I heard Amber call my name, following with her footsteps running up the stairs.

"Hmm?" I said looking over at the door way as she walked in.

"You have a visitor."

"A visitor?"

"Yeah. Some lady says she needs to talk to you."

I nodded. "Send her up."

"Okay." She said nodding and walked back down the stairs. I let my focus land back on the computer screen saver and just about went into deep thought, forgetting about what Amber just told me.

"Hello Christopher."

I looked up to see Konie walk in and shut the door behind her. I didn't say anything, I just looked at her.

"So, how have you been?" She asked sitting down in front of me. I cleared my throat and sat up in my chair, focusing back on the computer.

I heard her light laugh. "Where's wifey?" She asked, but I still kept quiet.

"So you're just going to stay quiet?"

I gave her a what do you want look and she slightly smiled.

"So y'all over?"

I squinted my eyes at her.

"What?" I spoke up.

"Are the both of you over?"

"How...what does that have to do with anything? Especially you." I said.

"Well, that brings me to what I needed to talk to you about."

I'm so confused right. "Well what is it?" I asked.

"I..." She trailed off, debating if she should keep going. I honestly don't think she should keeping going. When she looked up in my eyes, I already knew what she was trying to say.

"You're kidding right?" I asked and she shook her head no.

"I know that feeling is there between us." She said smiling. Is this bitch insane? I looked at her and laughed shaking my head, continuing my work on the computer.

She's really lost her mind.

"You know where the door is." I said, still shaking my head. She actually thinks my feeling for her are still there. She thought wrong.

"Are you fucking serious?" She asked, now upset.

"Yep." I said popping the 'p'. "I have no feelings for you. If you hadn't noticed, I've been taken for 7 years. This ring means something." I said showing her my wedding ring.

I know she was fired up by the look in her eyes but I didn't care. I'm done listening to Konie. All she does is start up more shit from before, so hopefully, it won't be a problem to cut her ass off.

"What the fuck does she have that I don't!?" She was starting to get loud.

"First of all, chill." I said typing away. "Second, I'm not about to compare. It's been over between us and it's still over." I said. "I love my wife and only my wife."