Chapter 25 ♡ A Breaking Flame? (1/4)

OMG! Chris's New single "Liquor" sounds hella good :D It stays on repeat when I listen to it ;)
__________

Chris, (continued)

"Do you know who your mom talks too?" I asked Tj as we ate Ice cream at a parlor shop.

"A few coworkers but I'm not allowed to come out the room.." He said.

Damn.

I have a feeling Konie isn't just talking to her coworkers.

"I really like Miss Stacy." He said eating his ice cream.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah." He shook his head. "She's really nice."

I slightly smiled. I'm glad he's warming up too her, but I know it's going to take time for her to warm up to him.

"How come she doesn't like my mom?" He asked with curiosity in voice.

"Um....because she makes more poor decisions in life." I said.

He nodded and continues to eat his ice cream.

I couldn't help but think about Stacy. She's been in the back of my mind all day and I was really starting to worry.

I have a bad feeling that Konie has something planning and it going to possibly ruin shit for me and Stacy, but I'm prepared for it.

Once he finished his ice cream, we clean everything up and walked out the store. As we walked around L.A streets, he stopped by a toy store and I let him get as much as he want. No limit.

"Hey Dad?" He called out.

"Yeah?"

"Um..How come you and mom aren't together?" He asked going through the action figures that were hanging on the wall.

"We just didn't get along." I said. I mean, who tells a kids that their parents where just fuck buddies?

"Is Miss Stacy better than her?"He asked.

"Uh...lets just say she was..my type."

"How did you two meet?"

I'm going to tell him that same ass lie like I told my kids.

"By a friend."

He nodded and continued to look through the toys making me smile some.

"This isn't too many toys?" He asked.

"Like I said get as many as you please."

He hesitation but shrugged it off and went to look for more toys.

Damn.

Stacy should have called by now. I'm really worried. I just really have a bad feeling about this.

I hope I'm not over thinking this.

Stacy,

While the kids where up in there rooms doing homework, I was doing last minute clean ups.

School was out a little early today since it had some remodeling on and they didn't want the kids in the way of it.

As I finished up the dishes, I heard my phone vibrate on the kitchen counter. I dried my hands off and grabbed it to see I had an email. Maybe just something that has to do with business.