Chapter 10 ♡ We Can Work Something Out? (1/1)

Chris,

"Hey princess."

"Hiii." Stacy said waving at me.

As we were on face chat, it made me miss her a lot. I hate to leave her alone with the kids.

"What have you been up too?"

"Busy, busy, busy."

"Oh?"

She laughed "Yes."

"What's going on with the kids?"

"Well, Alana is trying out for her school play, Caleb is going to try out for basketball, and Amber is having a prom-"

I stopped Stacy dead in her tracks. "A prom?"

"Yea.."

"Who taking her?"

"We hadn't figured all that out yet, but it'll be like a month or 2 before that happens."

"Okay."

"But we gotta talk about something."

The tone in her voice made me nervous. I sat up in my chair and straighten myself up ready to hear what she had to say. I already knew what it was about and I felt bad she had to hear it from someone else rather than me.

"What's this I hear about you having another baby?"

I sighed. "To be honest I didn't know."

"When did she tell you?"

"Before I left to go on business..."

"How come you didn't tell me?"

I could tell she was trying to stay calm and didn't want to show her hurtness.

"I had to make sure it was mine first..but I didn't tell you because I was afraid of your reaction."

"Okay.." She said breathlessly. "Its fine, I'm sure we can work something out."

"Wait, wait." I said stopping her. "Do you know who you're dealing with?"

"Does she know who she's dealing with?!" Stacy asked letting her agitation show.

"You know her?"

"Yea, I know her."

I was shocked. Oh fuck. I knew there had to be some personal shit between those two.

"How?"

"That doesn't matter right now." She said softly. I could tell by just looking at her she was confused and frustrated.

"Cece?"

"Hm?"

"Look at me."

She looked up at me. "Yes?"

"Baby, don't worry about her okay? As soon as I get home, I'll straighten everything out and fix it, promise."

"Um, yeah." She said. I looked down and she was messing with her hands, which I knew she only did when she was worried or nervous.

"You good?"

"No, not really." She said poking her lip out a little.

"One more day, I should be home late tomorrow night."

"Yea.." she said softly. I could see the thought of me having another child by her enemy occupied her mind.

"Cece?"

"Huh?"

"Stop messing with your hands."

"But-"