Chapter 26 ♡ A Breaking Flame? (2/4)

Stacy,

For the whole day, me and Chris have not talked. We'd look at each other every now and then, but not many words were exchanged at all.

While Chris was up stairs, I was downstairs talking to Serai on the phone letting her know what was happening.

"Damn girl."

"I know."

"But I mean, you do have every right to be mad, he has to understand that."
"He does, but its just, I want him to do something about it. I feel like he's just just letting it happen."

"Well you can't rush him. He's probably having trouble taking it all, or maybe it's just as overwhelming to him then it is too you."

"...yeah, you're probably right." I said.

"I mean I don't know much about marriages and all, but one thing my momma always taught me was that communication was the key."

"True, but he doesn't talk to me about anything."

"Maybe because he doesn't want to stress you even more or he's just trying to protect you."

I sighed. "I suppose." Damn. Serai really has me thinking at the moment.

"I would love you two to work things out."

"Me too, but I don't know."

"I think everything will be fine between you. You're like each others lives and so cute together."

"Aw really?"

"Of course! Every time you come around, Chris's face always glows."

I couldn't help to smile and think a little bit.

"Stacy."

I looked up to see Chris leaning against the door way.

"Hold on." I said to Serai and I put my phone on my chest. "What Chris?" I said kind of annoyed because for one, he had a bad vibe on him.

"We need to talk."

"About what?"

"Why the hell is Jeremih calling your phone?" He asked pretty upset.

"One I don't know, and 2 you're going to have to wait."

"The fuck I look like waiting, hang up the damn phone." He said in a demanding tone.

Oh no no.

"Serai, let me call you back." I said and I hung up.

"Why the hell is this nigga calling your phone?" Chris asked once again.

"First off why you even so concerned about who's calling my phone?"

"You really wanna know?"

"No shit Sherlock." I said in a sarcastic tone.

He took his phone out and held up it to where there was an audio picture on his screen. "Press play." He said. I signed and walked over to him. I pressed the play button, and you didn't hear nothing at first, but soon Jeremih's voice pops up.

What he says kind of shocks me.

If you're wondering, he's actually describing what he would do to me, if I left Chris. Trust me, I had NO  knowledge of this voicemail at all and I don't know how the hell Chris got a hold of it, but you can see that we are about to have some problems for sure.

When it ended I sighed and sat down at the island counter.

"No shit Sherlock." He said in the same sarcastic voice I said earlier. "Care to explain?" He asked.