29

please follow my desperate friend awkwrdhomosapiens and read her books too.

because I'm a gooood friend!!1!1!1!11!
*****

Andrew went back home, drunk.

He reeked of alcohol, his hair was messy.

And lipstick stains on his collar.

Andrew and Rebecca were both never seriously dating.

Only the casual hookup and perfect poses for pictures.

Rebecca was somewhere clubbing.

Andrew never seemed to truly care for any other girl like he did with Eleanor, which upset him.

So being dizzy and nauseous, Andrew walked out of his drivers car, who had to pick him up.

He entered his house and Rebecca was still not home yet.

This house held so many memories.

Andrew specifically remembered how he and Eleanor renovated the place, and the paint stains that wouldn't wash off their clothes.

He entered his office.

And a certain painting stood out.

A painting of 2 golden rings, knotted together with a red string and a black rose behind it.

One of the last remaining items that Eleanor once owned and left behind.

Eleanor painted the painting with all the passion she had, she gifted it to Andrew on their 1st wedding anniversary.

Andrew remembered how he kissed Eleanor out of pure joy, lifting her up in the air and they laughed in glee.

He smiled at the memories in which they were once happy,

He looked to a cardboard box.

And opened it.

The box was filled with all the memories of his relationship with Eleanor.

He picked up a bracelet.

And frowned.

He hated feeling this way.

He hated missing and regretting.

f l a s h b a c k

"Drew, what the flipping heck are you doing?" Eleanor giggled, as Andrew used his hands to cover her eyes.

"Flipping? Relax El, you'll be fine I swear," Andrew reassured her, rolling his eyes.

The 17 year old led El to a hill near their school.

She sighed and played along with it.

"3."

"2."

"1."

Andrew let go of his hands and Eleanor blinked for a few minutes.

She readjusted her contacts and looked at the tree.

Looking down, she her eyes met a picnic, an awfully drawn portrait of them two and 2  silver bracelets.

Eleanor laughed at the portrait.

"You drew that didn't you?"

"I set up a picnic and that's the first thing you see?" He teased.

She rolled her eyes and started eating without no hesitation.

He widened his eyes and chuckled, "You have a big appetite, you know that right?"

"Shut up," She slurred, her mouth stuffed with a sandwich.

He continued chuckling as Eleanor slapped his arm.

She finished her sandwich and Andrew watched in amusement.

Eleanor dusted herself off.

"Before I finish everything, please explain to me what's that?" She asked, pointing to the matching silver bracelets.

"That my dear girlfriend, is a handmade bracelet passed down from my great grandparents to me, it's a symbol of love and happiness. So, when we grow old and get married, we'll continue to wear this bracelet.

But before we wear it, promise me that you'll always love me and will always stay by my side, even if I do something stupid."

"I promise you that I'll stay by you no matter what, because Andrew Cunnings, I flipping love you," Eleanor giggled.

f l a s h b a c k
e n d s

Andrew stared at the cardboard box.

He held his bracelet.

Eleanor chose to keep hers, for memories.

He picked up the terribly drawn portrait and smiled sadly.

And that's when he realised, Eleanor had kept her promise and never had broken it.