Chapter 3

As they arrive at the block party they park at a friend’s house and get out. They fixed themselves a drink and hang out with some of their old high school friends and a few people they had met at the local college.

Victoria was having fun dancing and laughing with her friends until she realized somebody was staring at her, through the crowd of people dancing she spotted a handsome tall guy man licking his lips watching her. He was dressed in a true religion outfit paired with a black pair of jordans. He nodded his head towards her, she smiled but turned her back to him and continued dancing.

“Who is that?” she asked Michelle, describing him without looking or having to point him out “I’m not sure but whoever he is, he’s fine as hell, he’s checking you out as we speak, go talk to him” Michelle said noticing his looking dead at them.

“How about hell no, bitch it’s to early to start dating” Victoria whispered. Giggling a little Michelle responded “I didn’t say go ask him if he wanted to get married, just speak, clearly he feeling you cause his eyes haven’t left you yet, shit my eyes wouldn’t either, you out here looking good enough to eat, maybe he hungry.”

They both laugh and Victoria shrugs her off and pulls out her phone as it vibrated with a text message from Nick, “baby I know I fucked up but just give me a second chance” she deleted his number from her phone, but she knew his number by heart.

She contemplated if she should reply or not, and her frustration answered that question quickly,

“Fuck a damn second chance Nicholas Le’Markus Johnson, I’ve literally given your ass about 40 damn chances to get your shit together, I fucking hate you. You humiliated me, you disrespected me, and you cheated on me, and got another girl pregnant. Now you wanna be sorry? I’m tired of hearing you say you’re sorry. I don’t have shit to say to you and you don’t have shit to say to me. It’s time I move on, you should do the same, bye little boy.”

She smiled because for one thing, she knew that Nick had a pet peeve of being called a boy, and secondly, she felt like the words she spoke to Michelle just a few hours before were actually true, she was over Nick and was single and beyond ready to mingle.

Nick texted her back and she decided to open it, and close it without reading it. There was absolutely nothing he could say to win her back, not this time he couldn’t. He had her and didn’t appreciate her so it was somebody else turn to appreciate her the way that he should have.

Taking another look at her phone she realized it was midnight and she had an 8am class the next morning.

She walked inside her friend Paris’s house to use the restroom before heading home. After she walked out the restroom she spotted Michelle sitting at the table yawning, she laughed and walked over to her, “I see I don’t have to convince you that we should leave” she said, smiling at Michelle who was also laughing,

“Hell no, I’m beat, lets go.” They both found Paris and said goodnight and headed towards the car. Michelle stopped to grab a plate of cake off the table as Victoria walked out of the door. As she stepped out the door she spotted the handsome guy again and decided to wave, he nodded his head and winked at her before saying “night beautiful” as she got into her car.

“You really going to leave tonight without talking to him, he fine as fuck Vicki, don’t be stupid now” Michelle said getting in the car, Victoria headed towards the highway and replied “Oh, yes he is definitely delicious to look at, but if it’s meant to be I’ll see him again.

He fine and all but I’m not trying to start dating again, not right at this moment. Besides, if he wants me then he can say something to me if he likes what he see. I’ll be damned if I go after a nigga, not I, Victoria Renea Scott don’t chase a nigga, ever.”

She said winking and Michelle, “I hope you see him again, y’all would make an extremely adorable couple, well that is if one of you would actually say something to the other that is” Michelle said as they pulled up to her house.

“Man you crazy, if he know what the deal is, he’ll say something eventually, I’ll text you when I make it home, boo.” Victoria said she and Michelle hugged before Michelle got out the car.

Do you think Victoria was too harsh with Nick or nahh? 

Do you think Victoria should've said something to the guy?

What do you think will happen next?

Leave me some feedback you guys! Thanks for reading. Muwah :-)