Chapter 48

Victoria's POV (two days later)

She was feeling great, after a nice family night watching movies and playing bored games she was feeling refreshed and ready for her day off. She was cooking breakfast, as she heard a knock at her door. She went to find four police officers at her door.

"Victoria Scott?" One of the officers said.

"Yes, I'm Victoria, how may I help you gentlemen" she asked confused. "We have a search warrant to search your home and we'll also need you to come down town for questioning in the murder of Paris Carter and her unborn twins, and the attempted murder of Nicholas Johnson" he said as her mouth dropped.

The officers took both her and Danny down to the precinct for questioning. They both were persons of interest because Nick had recently attacked her, not to mention he was not only dating her associate but they were expecting a children together. Danny was a person of interest because he had recently had an altercation with Nick.

After six hours both Victoria and Danny were released and there was nothing stating they had anything to do with it.

Victoria was shocked to find out that Paris not only had been dating Nick since she was dating him but she was pregnant by him. She and Paris weren't best friends or anything but they were friends and she just couldn't believe that she would betray her like that.

Brian came to pick up Victoria and Danny from the jail and drive them back to her place. On the way there Danny thought a car was following them.

Before he could say anything they were stopped at a red right and the mystery car opened fire on them. "Baby get down" he yelled to a crying Victoria. Brian throws a blanket over Victoria to shield her from the flying glass, in the process, he was shot in the arm twice. Brian pulled over and Danny opened the door, "baby, get out, this is Shawn, he'll drive you to my mom's house, stay there for me" he said looking at her. "Wait, I've seen you before, actually I've seen you a few times, who are you and why you sending me with him Ja'Von, where are you going, what the fuck is going on" she yelled but he didn't reply he just took a deep breath.

"Vicki, go, please, I'll explain everything later" he said kissing her forehead.

She was hesitant but she also knew Danny wouldn't send her with a man he didn't trust. She tried asking Shawn what was going on and all he said was that he had been watching her and protecting her for months, when she asked why, he said to ask Danny. When they got to Viviane's before Shawn could help her get out of the car, Viviane ran to the door and grabbed Victoria examining her making sure she was fine.

She let Jullius talk her head off as she tried her hardest not to cry in front of him. Victoria kept asking Viviane what was going on, and all she said was that it wasn't her place to tell her, Danny needed to do that. She kept calling, but his phone went to voicemail every time, she decided to take a shower and lay down, quickly falling asleep with the assistance of the sleeping pill Viviane had given her.

(Five hours later)

She woke up to find Danny in the shower. The clothes in the floor had blood in them and she instantly thought something was wrong with him. She slide the shower door to reveal his frame. He had a bandage around his chest and he had wrapped something around it so he could bathe.

"I'll be out in a minute" he said noticing the look on her face. She nodded and went back to sit on the bed.

"Victoria I need to tell you this and I really don't know how to, so just hear me out okay." He said as he walked out of the bathroom.

He took a deep breath and began pacing the floor. "Okay so it's like this, after my dad left, there was this guy named Pete always around, always looking out for me and Mark. He was a drug dealer when I was younger, we had money, I just wanted some of my own, feel like a man I guess. I started off real small, and worked my way up. I'm not a drug dealer, I don't sell it, I never even touch it. I'm a druglord. I'm real smart about by shit though. Two phones, one personal and one for business.

Nobody knows where I live, nobody even knows about me being a druglord because I keep a very low profile. I know I should've told you, I just didn't want to lose you. I have to go out of town just for two months, and I'll be back. I need you to know I have been in the process of getting out, for you. I just need a little more time." He said stopping to kneel down in front of her.

She was speechless.

"Danny I seriously cannot believe you right now. We've been together over a year. You had so many opportunities to tell me. Don't give me that bullshit ass excuse about not wanting to loose me because I loved you Ja'Von, fucking loved you. I cannot believe you been lying to me.

And putting me and Jullius life in danger, fuck out if here. I really thought I lucked up with you after Nick. You a liar just like him. Take your little trip, but when you get back,don't bother looking for me.

We, us, this, is done Ja'Von. I love Jullius he's still welcomed at my home and I will continue to see him and provide for him regardless of how you feel. I love you, I swear I do. I wanted to marry you, have Jullius a sibling or two, grow old together. You know lying is one if the worst things you could do to me. In all honesty, you lying hurts me more than finding out somebody I thought was a friend was dating my ex and was having his children. As much as I love you, I can't do this. Don't quit for me, quit for Jullius. Goodbye." She said kissing his lips one last time.

"Baby, please" he said on the verge of tears.

She stopped and glanced at him one last time, tears streaming down her cheeks. "I love you" she whispered before turning and walking out. She wanted to run into his arms, she wanted to fall asleep in his embrace, kiss his lips, listen to him tell her that it'll all be okay. He lied to her, he betrayed her trust, she just couldn't. Maybe when he has his life together. Possibly, later in life, they'll meet again.

-_- Danny and Victoria not together anymore :'-( yes yes yes, I know. Feel free to vent you guys.

V O T E …

S H A R E …

C O M M E N T …