Chapter 7

“Michelle you would never believe what happened to me today at work girl! I was just sitting there working and all of a sudden right before I go on my lunch break a guy walks in from the flower shop and hands me not one but two dozen roses” Victoria said full of excitement. “Damn girl, who you got going crazy over you? I wonder if it was Nick ass trying to get you back. Oh wait, no he not that sweet nor smart.” Michelle and Victoria laugh hysterically, “Right. You know Nick only thinks with his dick. I don’t know who sent it, but whoever did it I am so appreciative, they’re gorgeous Michelle!” Victoria said full of joy. Victoria exchanged a few more words with Michelle before disconnecting the phone and calling Paris.

“Hey Paris, I need a little info on one of the guys that was at your party the other night. He was over six feet, the tallest there by far, hazel eyes, and was wearing a true religion outfit with –“ before she could finish Paris cut her off “Oh girl, say no more, that’s Danny ole fine ass, he friends with my cousin Jon-Jon. He really sweet but he don’t mess with too many people. I know he has a son though, but he’s not with his baby momma. That’s all I know about him though, why? Everybody been trying to talk to him, even me and he turn down everybody including me” Paris said. “Just asking really, I’ve bumped into him a few times and just wanted to know about him that’s all” Victoria said.

“Well that’s all I know.” Victoria sat there and thought for a second, “He’s so sweet, but is he sweet enough to me, a complete stranger roses?” Before she could think any further, Paris interrupted her thoughts, “I have to go now, my date’s here hunn. Love you talk to you later!” Victoria said her goodbye’s and disconnected the call. After getting out of the shower she realized she had a text from Sam “Hey, I’m still smiling because you said yes to a date with me.” Victoria sighed, she forgot all about her date with Sam, but she promised and she was taught to always keep her word. As Victoria went to work the next day, she waited for the mystery man to send something else but she never got anything.

She was sweating bullets trying to figure out who he was, could it have been Sam, was it her daddy, was it Nick, was it Danny, who was it? All the note said was “have a great day beautiful, and smile, because you deserve to!” so she had no idea who sent it. Before her brain would continue to think, a customer walked in wanting to see some shoes, so Victoria walked over and showed her some shoes that may go perfectly with her dress she was holding in her hand. Danny stood by the window walking by slowly watching as Victoria did her job, when she glanced up she spotted him but he disappeared in the crowd before she could wave. Was he the person sending her sweet gifts, or was he stalking her? Either way she just wanted him to stop in and say something to her.