Chapter 26

"Morning ma" Danny said as he walked into the kitchen.

"Good morning my baby, how did you sleep?" She asked him placing bacon on a pan and placing it in the oven. "I slept okay" he replied yawning.

Truth was, he didn't sleep that much. He just stared at the wall thinking about Victoria, he was mad she had not tried to contact him. It was like, he didn't want to talk to her, but then agai he did. He couldn't understand what she was doing to him. Even after the little blow up, he wouldn't dare look at another female. He was changing and everybody knew it.

Maybe he was just too harsh with her the other day, but in his mind, at the time she deserved every word he said.

"Good morning!" Melinda sang coming into the kitchen as she kissed Danny's forehead, and went to hug Viviane. "Morning everybody" Mark said walking in on his phone. "Good morning" Danny, Melinda, and Viviane said in unison.

They sat there talking as Vivian finished making breakfast. Everybody ate and discussed what they would all be doing for the day.

"Well me and my girls are going shopping today, and then we might swing by this party that's supposed to be hype tonight" Melinda said taking a sip of her orange juice.

"I don't have plans today, probably just go hoop or something" Mark said as he ate.

"Yeah, I don't have nothing to do either, I was going to go get a haircut though, and go take some flowers to granny grave and talk to her for a minute." Danny said placing his plate in the pink to be washed. Danny was extremely close with his grandmother Lucile before she passed, and he would always go to her grave and talk to her, he always felt her presence when he went. He was about to say something else as he felt his phone vibrating, he looked and saw that he had a text message from Victoria.

Trophy: Gm. I know you don't wanna talk to me right now & I know you probably hate me but I truly am sorry. I been trying to just give you a little space, that's why I didn't bother you the last two days. But … I don't like this feeling. Not talking to you, not seeing you, not cuddling. I miss you. I'm sorry it had to be this way. My fucked ass insecurities and trust issues ran you away. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me. I'll let you get back to your day, I don't mean to be a nag, just wanted you to know how I felt. I'll talk to you later. Stay handsome fat head. LOL!

Danny laughed to himself as he read the message. As he put his phone back in his pocket.

"Ayye what time you trying to hoop?" Danny asked Mark. "Around 4:00 you down to play? I think Brian coming too and maybe Josh of he can get out the house, you know Kerie be having him on lock down" he replied laughing.

"Man you a fool." Danny said as he looked to see who was calling him.

"Yo" Danny said into the phone. "We got to meet up, Pete just called, and I need Momma Viviane or somebody to watch Jullius cause after everybody meet up, I got to go out of town and I can't leave JuJu with Samara, she already stressed, and she's on struck bed rest." Brian spoke. "Okay, me and Mark will meet you, and why do you have Jullius anyway" Danny asked him.

"Bianca ass man. I went to drop him off and she wasn't there. I called and her ass talking about she out of town. So yeah, I've had him since yesterday." Brian said frustrated with his sister's bullshit.

"Bring him to my mom's, I'm here" Danny said annoyed. "Alright fool, I'm on the way" Brian spoke, getting Jullius and putting him in the car. "Alright, man, one" Danny said hanging up the phone.

"Mark, we got to go see what's up with Pete, and ma, can you watch JuJu for me, I have no idea where his stupid ass momma at but I'll deal with her irresponsible ass later" he said looking at his mother.

"Sure baby. I guess it's going to be me and little man today, I think I'll let him get in his little pool" she said smiling walking over to clean the dishes. Danny pushed in his chair and went upstairs to put on a shirt as he texted Bianca.

***(danny and bianca convo)

Me: Yo where you ??

Bianca Dumb Ass: Minding my got damn business.

Me: You ain't got no fucking business duck. Now where df are you bruh. Quit playing.

Bianca Dumb Ass: Not that it's any of your business but me and my girl took a little trip to Nola, and no, I'm not fucking no dudes

Me: I give two fucks what ya hoe ass doing fr fr just being real. But you somebody momma man, act like it. I know Brian your brother, and he my nigga, but he got a family and a life, don't just dump JuJu on him without warning. You need somebody to watch Ju ask me, if I'm busy mom's will. The shit you pulled was grimy and inconsiderate.

Bianca Dumb Ass: Ugh, wateva Danny. You know I don't like her. But fine, I hear you though. I gotta go, I love you DADDY  talk to you later!

Danny just shook his head. He didn't love Bianca, never did & never will, how could he? She sneaky, a compulsive liar, a gold-digger, and she was extremely trifling, not to mention loose. The only thing she was good for was a good fuck, and that wasn't even worth anybody's time. She was the absolute worst. He hated having to deal with her stupid ass.

He was so mad he allowed himself to be with somebody like her, but when he had his son and saw that smile or heard his laugh, he felt a little better.

All in all, she gave him the greatest gift ever, his son.

Danny might have been a little rough around the edges but JuJu meant the world to him, and if needed he'd give him his last breath. Danny was heartless unless it had something to do with Lucile Anne Harris, Viviane Latrice Harris, Jullius Ja'Von Harris, Markus Jermaine Evans, or Melinda Fay Evans. Although it had only been a few months, and even though he was pissed and didn't know what the future held, Victoria was slowly but surely making a place inside his heart too.