Chapter 1

Zak's POV

I take a seat in the back of the classroom today had already been a long day and I could tell that this would be a long year as well, homeroom was a waste of fifteen minutes and I couldn't wait for three in the afternoon to be here. I look up when a girl with brown hair and green eyes walks in she walks by me then sits in the desk in front of me I take a deep breath as I feel my heart beat faster. Maybe this school wouldn't be so bad after all she puts something in her purse then turns and looks at me "hi" I straighten in my seat "Hi I'm Zak Bagans" she smiles "I'm Mallory" she turns around I keep looking at the clock with the hopes that the next fifteen minutes would end quickly.

Mallory's POV

When homeroom is over I go to my locker to get my books for my next class, I grab my book and binder then shut it and turn to see Zak standing there. He gives a small smile then starts walking next to me "What class are you going to?" I look at him "I'm heading to English you?" "Uh history" we continue walking then he stops in front of the classroom and looks at me. "I'll come back after if that's okay?" I nod then watch him walk down the hall and I go into the class room Zak seemed nice maybe we could be friends. I sit at a desk then wait for class to start today hadn't been so bad and being friends with Zak would be a good thing too.

Zak's POV

Once school is over I walk out of the school then get on the bus I look around and find a seat with Mal not only did we have homeroom together but we were in a few classes together as well. I was in a good mood the first day back to school hadn't been so bad I had been thinking about asking for her number, but I didn't want to sound weird or anything I would ask eventually when I needed help with homework or something. We get close to my house and I look over at her "could I get your number for homework and stuff?" She nods then writes it down and tears off the sheet of paper and gives it to me I put it in my pocket then stand up and get off the bus. The bus ride with her made my day a lot better