The Dark Mark

I wake up from a bad dream. Dumbledore was dying, and Hogwarts was in danger. Shaking, I look out the window to see the Dark Mark. I scream,"Everyone! Up!"

"What's going on?"Cho says groggily.

"The bloody Dark Mark is outside!" I say.

We all rush to the common room, and the boys were already there.

"Get the young ones in the center,"Darius says. We push the first years in the middle, us on the outside, ready to attack.

"Protego Totalum!"I say, producing a shield around us that will cover us from Dark Magic. Suddenly, Flitwick comes in.

"Miss Yang, Mr Flores, Miss Edgecombe, Mr Corner, Miss Chang, Mr Boot, Mr Finch Fletchley, Miss Lovegood, you will patrol,"he squeaks."The rest, go to the Great Hall!"

We hustle out, wands out.

"Lumos,"I whisper, giving us light.

"I'm with you,"Darius says,"Let's go to the corridor below the Astronomy Tower." I nod, and we walk in the same stride together. Hermione and Luna were there too.

"Hey,"they say.

"Hey,"we say.

Suddenly there was a shout and a scream. Spells and curses flew everywhere.

A man comes into view. He doesn't look like a man, though.

"Fenrir Greyback,"Hermione says fearfully.

"A werewolf,"Luna adds, eyes wide.

"Ooh, children,"Greyback says."And you. Yang." He fixes me with a glower, and Darius puts a protective arm around me.

The werewolf laughs humorlessly. A crony of his comes out,"Yang's got a boyfriend, eh?" The Death Eater flicks his wand, and Darius flies off. I hear a loud crack and a groan of agony.

"Darius!"I scream, but I am stuck to my place."Hermione, Luna, take him to the Hospital Wing. Please."

"Yes, listen to her,"Greyback snarls. Hermione and Luna do so.

"I want this to be just us,"Greyback orders the Death Eater."She will pay for Bellatrix."

I gulp, and force my fear back.

"I don't duel, Yang,"he says softly,"I fight."

"Oh, doesn't that give me an advantage?"I say in a softer tone. I wait for him to strike. He throws something at me. A knife. I yell,"Protego!" And it flies back towards him. It nicks his arm, and he pulls it out in annoyance, and flicks it away. I murmur a defensive spell inaudibly. He throws a bunch of knives that bounced harmlessly of me as I laughed, letting my eyes dance with mock.

"You filthy Ravenclaw!"he snarls.

"No one bloody insults my House!"I say quietly."Castreo! Crucio! Confundus!" The spells hit him one after the other, and I can't help but giggle at what their effect was. Greyback was thrown to a pillar with a satisfying crack, slid down jerking violently in pain, and was thrown against the Death Eater. He lay unconscious.

"Stupefy!"I cry at the Death Eater, and he hits the wall with a BANG! and both are barely breathing.

"That was amazing,"a voice whispers from behind me. I turn to see McGonagall, Lupin, Tonks, and some of the Order of the Phoenix.

"First Bellatrix, now Greyback and Alecto,"Kingsley says. I blush.

"Margaret, we'll be needing you in the Hospital Wing,"McGonagall says.

"I want to fight!"I protest.

"You're too young,"Tonks says, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"She's right, I'm afraid,"Lupin says.

Suddenly we hear quick footsteps, and have no chance to decide where to put me. I rush out of Tonks' grip and into the commotion, faster than I've ever run before. I see Dumbledore cornered by Death Eaters, Snape, and Draco Malfoy.

Dumbledore's eyes widen when he sees me temporarily, and he locks his eyes with mine with one word: Go. I feel myself falling down, down, down...

"Severus, please..."

"Avada Kedavra."

I land on someone. That someone is Harry.

"Margaret?"he says, incredulously, his eyes filled with much bewilderment and grief."Dumbledore died. Snape k-killed him."

"Harry, we need to leave,"I say in a hushed tone."The others need us." I put an arm around him, and half walk him to the Hospital Wing.

"Margaret! Harry! Potter! Yang!"

People rush to greet us.

"Where's Darius?"I ask, almost forgetting about my boyfriend. I'm a really bad girlfriend.

"Here,"Hermione gestures to a bed with Darius in it, drinking a potion. His bones seemed mended. I sit down by the foot of his bed and hug him.

"MARGARET YANG, YOU BAD, BAD GIRL!"screams Tonks. She rushes over to me, hugging me fiercely.

"We thought you were gone,"Lupin says hollowly.

"You shouldn't be disappearing like that,"Kingsley agrees.

"Hey, hey, take it easy on her,"Mad-Eye says, coming into view,"She bloody beat up a werewolf and the Death Eater Alecto."

"You did?"Ron asks, amazed.

"Yeah, Greyback insulted Ravenclaw and got on my nerves,"I say defensively,"Also, I kinda just didn't Hogwarts getting threatened by two huge hairy prats but whatever."

"True Ravenclaw,"Flitwick praises, beaming.

"Margaret, oh, we just heard about what happened, is everyone all right?"Mum comes into view with Pa by her side.

"Yes, Mr and Mrs Yang,"McGonagall says, and fills them in with information.

"Margaret, that was amazingly stupid,"Mum says."You could've died-"

"Or you could've gotten seriously injured,"Pa says. Tonks agrees maddeningly.

"Arthur, Molly,"Mum says, rushing over to them. I realize that Bill is lying on the bed, unconscious, Fleur gripping his hands.

But I'm too aggrieved to care. All I want is Dumbledore back.