Umbridge

I enter the Ravenclaw common room with Luna. People turn to stare at me, of course.

Darius murmur,"I'll take care of them. You go to your dormitory."

I shoot him a grateful look, and he nods.

I rush up the stairs, feeling the knot in my throat, ignoring the stares, and collapse onto my bed. My body shakes with silent sobs, and I cry myself to sleep.

***

I wake up earlier than usual, grab my books, and hurry to the Great Hall in search of Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

Anyone but Ravenclaws.

"Hi,"I say breathlessly, finding them.

"Something wrong?"Hermione asks, looking at me worriedly,"Your eyes are a little red."

"I'm fine,"I say in a persuading voice, and they seem to believe me.

We walk to D.A.D.A together. I sit next to Hermione.

"Welcome to Defense Against the Dark Arts class,"says a sweet voice behind us.

We turn to see a woman wearing all pink, and looked vaguely like a frog. Dolores Umbridge. She worked with my parents.

"She's from the Ministry,"I whisper to Hermione."She was one of the jury in Harry's hearing."

"Really?"Hermione asks.

"Yeah."

"Everyone, I want you to take out your Books for Beginners, please,"she says,"Wands away."

I raise my eyebrows, wands away? How're we supposed to practice Defense Against the Dark Arts?

"Professor?"Hermione says, raising a hand."This doesn't say anything about using spells."

"I don't think we need to be using spells in my class, Miss Granger."

"What about in the real world?"Harry asks.

"Students will raise their hands in my class."

Harry raises his hand.

"There is nothing out there in the real world."

"But how're we supposed to pass our OWLS?"Dean asks, raising a hand.

"You will not be attacked in my classroom."

"So according to you,"Harry snaps,"Cedric Diggory's death wasn't a murder?"

"It was a tragic accident,"Umbridge says sweetly.

My hand shoots into the air.

"Oh, Miss Yang!"cries Umbridge happily,"I've heard so much about you! Your parents work for the Mi-"

"The Ministry?"I say angrily,"I don't give a dam about the Ministry! The Ministry refuses to listen that Voldemort's back because they're too ignorant and corrupt and afraid."

"Do not talk about the Ministry like that in my class,"she says,"Your parents, I'm sure, would love to hear about this."

"I don't care about what my parents think!"I say earnestly,"What are they going to do? Take me back? I'd rather be dead than have a parent who believes the Ministry."

Harry says,"Margaret's right! I saw Voldemort with my own eyes, I swear! Margaret was there, and so was Professor Dumbledore!"

"Detention, Mr Potter!"she cries triumphantly."Take this to Professor McGonagall."