Quidditch and Gossip

The news spread across Hogwarts like a wildfire.

Hermione reads off the school hottest gossip paper."The Two Ravenclaws Together at Last? Margaret Yang and Darius Flores are now a couple! The stunning, brilliant, and beautiful Yang, or the Bellatrix Torturer, unpopular yet strong with the intelligent, charming Flores. The two are skilled Quidditch players..." Hermione reads on as it fades into the next article.

"Bellatrix Torturer?"I ask, bemused."Who writes these articles? I need to chat with them."

"Actually, we do,"says Dean, Seamus, and the Creevys.

"Collin, you caught me at a really bad angle here,"I chide, pointing at a picture of me."I'm in the middle of bloody blinking."

"Oh, then we should schedule another photo shoot,"Seamus says.

"Wait, you're actually-?"I ask.

"Yes, we are,"Dean says firmly,"We're shippers, and we want the school to know about you two." He hands me a camera. I sigh, and take it.

***

"You look best here,"Seamus remarks, showing me a picture of me winking.

"That wink literally took forever,"I say,"I had to blink at the right time, and keep my face straight."

"Well, it worked,"Collin says seriously, and the twins print out another article and re publish it.

***

"Today,"I announce, pacing the room in front of my Quidditch team."We've a match against Hufflepuff. I know we're great players, however, so are they. So I want everyone to not just fly out there and do nothing, or I'll kick you off. Am I clear?"

"Yes,"everyone says.

"Go, go, go!"I say, jogging with them outside.

"Wait!"Marietta yelps."I forgot to ponytail my hair!" I considered leaving her behind, but I'll look bad. Sighing, I murmur a spell that made her red hair get out of her face and still looked decent.

"Is everyone ready?"I ask,"Shoulders back, smiles on, be confident. We are going to win." The humongous double doors open, and we walk out. Cheers welcome us, and I flash a full smile, knowing that the Creevys, Dean, and Seamus were probably taking pictures of us.

I shake hands with their captain, the thick headed Zacharias Smith, who glares at me. In turn, I smile sweetly at him, angering him.

Madame Hooch blows her whistle, and we are suspended into the air. I do my usual thing, scoring before anyone else casually, earning cheers from Ravenclaw and Gryffindor.

I see the Hufflepuff Keeper come up, and pass the Quaffle to Marietta, who almost drops it if Terry hadn't steadied it. She shoots it into a hoop, and I give her a thumbs up. I need to be civil on the field. Her glare softens. Darius blocks a Quaffle, and I blow him a kiss, and he catches it and places it on his heart. I return to my game. A now Bludger from Michael hits the Hufflepuff Keeper on his chest, sending him spiraling down.

"Nice, Michael!"I praise, and fly down with the Hufflepuff Keeper and save him from crashing. I fly back to the game, and my fellow Chasers and I shoot a few Quaffles into the hoops.

"Marietta, behind you!"Cho shouts, pointing frantically. Marietta can't do anything but stare, open mouthed, at the deadly Bludger ready to break her bones.

"Thunderbolt, deflect the Bludger, NOW!"I command. It jerks me toward it, inches from Marietta's face, and my handle diverts the Bludger the last second. Marietta's face is scrunched up, ready for the blow. I take a few seconds to giggle at it.

"You can un-contort your face now, Marietta,"Justin yells.

She looks confused."W-What happened? It was coming to me."

"Margaret bloody happened," Darius says proudly, putting an arm around me. I realize the game is over, and Cho caught the Snitch.

"You?"she roars.

"Calm down, Marietta!"Cho yells angrily,"Your nemesis just bloody saved your face! You should be thanking her!"

"Thanks,"Marietta mutters, not looking at me.

"Come on, team!"I shout,"Let's celebrate!"