The Yule Ball

The Great Hall goes nuts. The first and second years are looking terrified, and the prefects are trying protect them. The professors are telling for order, but we are all scrambling around to find our partners.

I feel myself being thrown back, slamming into people. Someone grabs my wrist. It's Harry.

"I used the Summoning Charm,"he replies."And you're still in one piece. And you look...amazing."

"Thanks,"I mutter,"You look great, too."

He did, in black dress robes.

"Potter! Miss Yang!"yells a voice. McGonagall. She runs over to us."The champions are the opening to the Yule Ball traditionally."

"What?"Harry says."Professor, I'm not the best dancer..."

"Potter, get over here. Miss Yang, to his right. Davies, Miss Delacour, Miss Chang, Diggory..."

I wave at Cho, who grins at me and Harry. Harry turns red.

"Mr Krum, Miss Granger!"

Hermione with Krum? Harry and I give each other a wondrous ponderous disbelieving look at the pair of them. Hermione looked beautiful. Her hair was in an elegant bun, her teeth straightened, her periwinkle blue dress stunning.

"Take Potter's arm, Miss Yang,"McGonagall says,"It's starting any minute now..." I slip my arm through Harry's.

The door opens, and we walk through the aisle. I admire the crystal chandeliers hanging elegantly from the ceiling of the Great Hall. The curtains were gold, the tables all white and shiny. It was beautiful.

However, I focus on my feet not tripping over my dress. Harry and I take our place on the dance floor.

Professor Flitwick was the conductor of the orchestra. Luna was a cellist there, and she waved at me.

"Margaret!"Flitwick squeaks. I smile at him, and he grins at me.

Harry puts a hand on my waist, and clasps my other hand, right before the sweet, soft classical music started.

Harry had improved greatly. He no longer stepped on my feet. He twirled me more gracefully, and was more agile when he lifted me into the air.

"How did you get rid of your pimples so fast?"Harry asks.

"Fred and George gave me some potion,"I reply,"Which is totally safe,"I add, when he starts to interject. I steer him over to the left, where I spot Darius and Marilize. I want to make them jealous.

"Why're we migrating west?"Harry asks.

"Because,"I say softly,"My crush is west. He's the handsome one with the messed up hair."

"Ooh, Darius."

"Would you shhh? Besides, why'd you ask Cho when I told you she already had a partner?"

"I was desperate,"he replies, looking down.

"She wants to become friends with you,"I say, hoping to cheer him up a bit. It works!!

"Really?"he says brightly.

"She wants to talk to you and get to know you a little more,"I say.

"That's perfect, Marmar! Can we sit down?"

"Okay,"I say half heartedly. Part of me wanted to dance.

We sit down at a bench with Ron, who was glaring at Hermione and Krum.

An attractive Durmstrang boy comes up to me and offers me his arm. I take it gladly.

"I'm going to go dance,"I say abruptly,"I really like this tune!"

Harry nods, not listening. I sigh, and walk with the boy.

Some famous band is playing, and we jump up and down, laughing at the crazed crowd around us. He twirls me, and we dance random moves. Professor Flitwick crowd surfs, and we cheer. He looks flabbergasted.

"What is your name,"the Durmstrang boy asks me. Him, unlike most of the Durmstrang students, doesn't have an accent.

"I'm Margaret,"I say, and offer out my hand. He bends down to kiss it, and I blush.

"Hello Margaret, I am Gellert, part of de Bulgarian Quidditch team, like Viktor. I am a Beater."

"Oh, I'm a Chaser,"I say.

"You play Quidditch too!"he says happily."What broomstick do you have?"

"I have a Thunderbolt."

"Ah, the one from the Nigerian Quidditch team. I have a Firebolt. Are you Nigerian?"

I try to hide my laughter, but it comes out soft and animatedly. Was he blind? I had straight jet black hair like Cho's, I was small, my skin tone was light, and I had dark brown eyes. How the devil did I look Nigerian?

Gellert didn't take my laugh as an insult, and he too started laughing. We kind of just stood there, some people staring, laughing our hearts out. I guess it really was contagious.

"What is so funny, Margaret?"he asks, still laughing a little.

"I-I'm not Nigerian!"I exclaim, giggling.

He roars with laughter, finally understanding how stupid his question was.

We chat a little more about Quidditch and school.

"Everyone, head back to your common rooms!"Dumbledore yells."It's past midnight."

I hadn't realized that it was past midnight. Time flew so dam fast.