An Out of Place Ravenclaw

I smile happily at my friends who encourage me to go, making hearts out of their hands."I need to change into my robes,"I say,"So look away."

I take off my tie dyed shirt, keep my tights, and slip my robes on. I pin my prefect badge onto my shirt, fix up my hair, and make sure I look like I didn't just wake up.

"Hi,"I greet Darius, who smiles at me.

We walk down the corridors together.

"Hey, I forgot to tell you, I overheard Cho and her group talking about you,"Darius says when we arrive in a quiet compartment area.

"What?"I ask flabbergasted."Why? I didn't do anything."

"They think you're being ridiculous for believing Harry. Well, at least Marietta, Elizabeth, and Catherine are. Cho believes you, I'm sure. Because she was biting her lip when they were talking about how you believed Cedric died from you know who."

"That's weird,"I say."Because Cath, Marietta, and Liza said they believed that Voldemort was back."

"Maybe Marietta persuaded them not to believe you,"Darius suggests.

"I guess."

"I can see Hogwarts from here, come here,"Darius tells me."Lets head back to the Ravenclaw compartments-I'll give you some cover."

"Thanks,"I say gratefully, and we walk side by side to the Ravenclaw cabins. I don't pay attention to the whispers and glances at me, and sit in an empty compartment with Darius.

"Darius!"says his friends say,"Oh-"

The falter when they see me. God, this' gotta be my worst year.

"Hey, Margaret!"cries Luna, who joins us.

"You can go with your friends,"I tell Darius,"Yes, it's alright. I'll be fine."

He exits, leaving me and Luna.

"I think that what they say is rubbish,"she says earnestly."I think you know who is back."

"Thanks, Luna,"I say."I honestly don't know why people would not want to believe it."

We chat a bit more, and leave to mount a Thestral. It was quite elegant, actually, I don't see why people didn't like them.

"They can't see them,"Luna says,"Only people who've witnessed death can see them."

I witnessed my little sister, Courtney, doe before my eyes when I was small..It was something I didn't really like to talk about.

Cho's gang was in front of us, being carried by Thestrals. Cho acknowledges me with a wave, but her friends completely ignore me.

Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Neville come.

"Hey!"I yell at them. They come to our direction.

"What is that?"Harry asks, pointing to the Thestral.

"What's what, Harry?"Hermione says, confused."I don't see anything."

"You're just as sane as I am,"Luna says, reading a copy of the Quibbler upside down. That didn't seem to assure Harry at all, but he and Ron sit next to me. Neville and Hermione sit next to Luna.

"Everyone,"Hermione says,"This is Loony-er-Luna Lovegood."

Luna looks up from her paper and says,"I hope we have a good year this year."

"Me too,"Neville says,"I want to see Hagrid again."

"We think Hagrid's a bit of a joke in Ravenclaw,"Luna says thoughtfully.

"Well,"Ron says scathingly,"He's not! He's one of the best teachers at Hogwarts!"

"Ron,"I say quietly,"Not all of us think that. Even Luna doesn't think that. It's the regular Ravenclaws that do."

"Oh,"Ron mutters."oops."

"Anyway,"I say,"Most of the Ravenclaws hate me now."

"Why?"Harry asked.

"Because they think that Voldemort being back is rubbish,"I reply,"And they hate me for believing that he's back."

"That's hardly fair!"Hermione protested.

"Well,"I sigh,"There's nothing I can do. So don't stress yourselves over it."

***