Extraordinarily Ordinary

Harry and I manage to sneak into the Great Hall and sit at our tables.

***

I walk with Luna and Padma to the Ravenclaw Tower. They save me a spot by the couches suspended in midair. I grab drinks for us.

"Hey." Darius Flores waves at me, and I fight the inner fangirl of me to come out. Darius looked even better if that was possible. He let his handsome brown hair look like he just got off a broom, his eyes looked innocent and full of knowledge as usual, and he had a shy grin on. He was literally every girls' dream.

"Hi, Darius," I try to smile naturally.

"How was your summer?"he asks.

"It was all right. What about your summer?"

"Very quiet, unusually. My brother's been busy at work. He's an Auror. And my parents are busy with the um, don't tell anyone I told you this,"he drops his voice into a whisper, and I could smell his peppermint breath,"The Order of the Phoenix."

"Same with mine,"I say in a low voice, hoping my breath still smelled like cinnamon."They've just joined."

"Well, I'll see you around Margaret!"he says, as his friends call him over. I feel a tingle down my spine when he said my name.

"Bye, Darius." Smiling with too much happiness, I rush up the stairs, and Luna and Padma help me to a seat.

"I saw that,"Padma grins."You should really start hanging out with him, because you know, he's becoming friends with you."

"You really should!"Luna agrees."He's totally extraordinarily ordinary."