The Dark Mark

"I told you Bulgaria would win!"I say, dancing around the room, waving my red Bulgarian scarf like a flag.

Cho, Marietta, Cedric, and Ernie were a tad disappointed at how Ireland was winning before Krum caught the Snitch.

"We need to go!"Amos says, bursting in."Everyone, stay calm, grab your things quickly, and hurry!"

My friends and I look at each other, terrified. We shove our clothes and belongings into our backpacks, and hurry out.

Amos is no where to be found.

"Don't panic!"Cho cries,"We need to hide in the forest!"

No one has a better idea, so we rush down there, shoving past people, helping them back up, and hiding in the trees. Cedric, Ernie, Marietta, Cho, and I press together.

I realize why there's a mass of chaos.

And there's a reason.

"The Dark Mark,"Cedric whispers.

"We need to get out of here,"I say, my heart pounding out of fear.

"Oh yeah?"Ernie counters,"And how're we supposed to do that?"

"Broomsticks,"I say simply."I've brought mine, and there are a few dropped ones behind me. Firebolts, I believe."

They whirl around, and grab the Firebolts littered behind us.

"I-I dunno how to ride a broomstick,"Marietta whines.

"It's easy,"Cedric says,"Just hold the handle really tight. Don't let go."

"It's fun,"I assure her, but she looks pale even in the weak light of the Dark Mark projection.

"We're going to Muggle land,"Cho decides,"We'll take a taxi to 9 3/4. That sound good?"

"What the devil is a taxi?"Ernie scratches his head, bewildered.

"It's a car,"Cedric says, and we lift off.

The familiar feel of my feet suspended into the air arrives, and the way my stomach drops when I ascend. Cho, Cedric, and Ernie seem okay. Marietta was laughing, having way too much fun.

"We're going to descend!"Cedric yells over the wind."Now!"

Marietta screams,"How?!"

I grab her handle, and shove it downwards, sending her descending quickly, and I descend just as fast after her. Ernie, Cho, Cedric, Marietta, and I land together on a street filled with Muggles.

Cho hails a cab, and we squeeze in.

"9 3/4 please!"Cho calls, and I hand over a few pounds.

Cho casts me a grateful look; she forgot her Muggle money.