After Aritmancy

One day after a late Arithmancy class, I hear a commotion. I look around. The corridors are empty, so I rush toward the sound. A scream pierces the air. A scream of pain. My heartbeat quickens as I rush faster to the sound, my footsteps hitting the ground loudly. It's coming from the boys' bathroom. I go in.

"Crucio!"someone cries. Malfoy. There was a second voice screaming,"Stop! STOP!" I enter the bathroom to see Harry and Draco Malfoy dueling, Moaning Myrtle pleading for them to quit.

"Sectumsempra!"Harry bellows. Blood spurts from Malfoy's shirt, and Harry and I rush over to him.

"No, no, no,"Harry whispers.

"Episkey,"I murmur, pointing my wand at Malfoy. The bleeding quits a little, and Harry cleans up the wet bathroom with a wave of his wand.

"What is this?"says a cold, deadly quiet voice. Snape.

"Sir, Margaret didn't have anything to do with this, it was all me-"Harry explains.

"Leave, Potter, and be ready to explain to me all this, and you, Yang, stay here, I'll need your assistance!"Snape instructs. He goes over to Malfoy and cures him.

"Yang!"he barks.

I jump."Yes, Professor?"

"I want you to inform the Houses that they shall stay put in their Towers, Dungeons, and Basements."

"Yes, Professor." I rush out of the bathroom, glad for a reason to leave that horrible place. I spot Daphne, one of the less mean Slytherins, and call her.

"Yang,"she says.

"Professor Snape's given me word that I should tell all the Houses that they must stay put."

"I'll inform them."

"Thank you, Daphne." She gives me a wave, and I head for the Hufflepuff Basement.

"Ernie!"I say, and repeat what I said to Daphne.

"Bye, Marmar." We give each other bro hugs.

I walk to the Gryffindor Tower, and am greeted by the Fat Lady.

"Password?"

"Please, I've been asked to pass a word by Professor Snape."

"You won't be let through."

"Please let me through or I will have no choice but to inform Professor Dumbledore."

"Oh, let her through already!"Seamus yells, opening up the door.

"She is a Ravenclaw, young man!"

"Marmar, just get in,"Seamus says, pulling me in. I feel a few eyes on me.

"Seamus, Snape has informed me that every House is to stay put in their common rooms."

"Marmar!"Hermione says."D'you know what's happened to Harry?"

"Not now, Hermione!"I whisper to her."Not in front of all these people!"

"I think we have a right to know what happened to Harry!"Ron shouts.

I sigh exasperatedly, and reply,"Fine. He isn't hurt. Someone else is. It was a total accident. This person was about to use the Cruciatus Curse on Harry if he hadn't fought back. I'm not going to tell you anything else."

"What? You didn't even try to stop Harry?!"Ron exclaims indignantly.

"Ron, give it a rest!"Ginny yells.

"I've done what I could!"I say quietly."I healed the injuries. I cleaned up the mess. Besides, it's not like you could've stopped him yourself!" I knew I hit a sore spot, but I didn't care. He insulted me for not helping.

"I'm leaving,"I say, and turn on my heel, heading for the the Ravenclaw Tower.