The Contestants

The other schools who are participating in the Triwizard Tournament are arriving at Hogwarts tonight.

The Beauxbatons come first. They arrive in a beautiful carriage, lead by Pegasi like horses. A very tall woman, part giantess perhaps, stepped out. She was followed by a bunch of graceful looking students dressed in the same clothes.

Then the Durmstrangs come next. They look very bulky, but it's just because of the thick clothes they wear.

"Viktor Krum,"Ron whispers excitedly, pointing at the famous Bulgarian Quidditch Seeker.

***

The Choosing Ceremony is today. Cho, Marietta, Luna, Padma, and I are praying that Cedric gets chosen as a competitor.

"From Beauxbatons!"Dumbledore announces,"Fleur Delacour!" Applause rings in the Great Hall as a beautiful, tall blonde girl makes her way down the aisle.

"From Durmstrang,"Dumbledore yells,"Viktor Krum!" A mighty roar from Durmstrang and applause rings out. The Bulgarian Quidditch Seeker strides down the aisle, girls drooling over him.

"From Hogwarts, Cedric Diggory!" All of Hogwarts applaud him. Cho, Marietta, Padma, Luna, and I stand up and cheer. Cedric grins at us, taking large steps down the aisle.

"And one more?"Dumbledore says, as aghast as we were. Triwizard meant three, not four."Harry Potter!"

No one applauded. Harry, looking angry and confused, walked down the aisle, and followed the competitors.

***

"I swear,"Harry says madly,"I didn't do it! I didn't put my name in the Goblet of Fire!"

"Really?"Ron asks rather icily."Then who did?"

Harry and Ron have been bickering about Harry being chosen as a competitor.

"Would you two shut up?"I ask, tired of their arguing."Harry got chosen. Get over it, Ron. You don't need to make such a huge deal about it. We all know you love Krum, but you have to be bloody patient. Who put Harry's name in? We don't know."

Ron glares at me, and I shrug.