The Final Task

Today is the evening of the Third Task.

I sit beside Cho and Arlene, some Beauxbaton girl, who was yelling Fleur so loudly my ears started to ring.

Filch blows the cannon, and it shoots into the air. We cheer as the competitors go in.

***

Fleur gets back first, looking very frightful. Her friends put their arms around to comfort her.

Krum comes back next.

We wait a few more agonizing hours until Harry and Cedric get back. I stand up and cheer with the rest of the crowd.

But Harry is not standing up. He's crying. Not letting go of Cedric. Dumbledore and Fudge go over to them.

"I saw Voldemort!"Harry sobbed."I saw him. He killed Cedric! He's back!"

Cho is overwhelmed with emotion. Her body shudders, and she bursts into tears.

Amos is screaming,"Cedric! My boy!"

"Potter!"Moody yells. He limps over to Harry, and carries him rather roughly with him.

Not thinking, I follow them quietly as possible. I couldn't stand one more sob or scream.

Moody goes into a room with Harry, and I sneak in before he slammed it shut behind him.

"What happened, Potter?"Moody asks.

"I saw Voldemort."

"How was it like?"

"Scary. Intimidating."

"The Dark Lord is back,"Moody murmurs. He stands up, and hunts through a few bottles, looking for something.

"How was the graveyard like, Potter?" Moody asks quietly.

"I don't think I mentioned anything about a graveyard, Professor,"Harry says slowly.

"I'm not Moody. I'm someone else."