thirty seven

Harry

What the hell am I doing? Why am I even here?

Either way, I stood at Jo's front door, my hand hovering over the smooth wood of the door. No matter how long I stood there, I couldn't bring myself to knock, because I knew if she truly did want me around she would have called me by now.

She doesn't care, Harry; stop wasting your time and moping.

I sighed, sitting down on the front steps. Other than the slight buzzing in my head, I felt completely fine.

This whole thing turned in to a mess. Jo doesn't want me around for some reason and... it was hard to stop caring after such a long time.

When Jo showed me the picture from her ultrasound that day, it only just then hit me that this was all real. I was going to be a father whether I liked it or not... and I had to choose whether I was going to let this all slip away or hold on tight with everything I had.

Things weren't as black and white as they used to be --

"Harry, is that you?"

..... ..... .....

Jo

Harry's missing.

That was the call I received from Louis that woke me up from my slumber. Apparently he got drunk with Liam and then he just walked out. Who knows what kind of things a drunken Harry can get in to.

That's how I ended up freshening up and grabbing my keys to start looking.

I opened the front door and nearly had a heart attack as someone sat on my front porch, facing the lawn. I couldn't say anything as I stared for a few moments, slowly reaching for the phone in the pocket of my jackets.

And then it hit me... who else would be sitting on my front porch this late at night? I could only pray that I was right as I decided to test the theory.

"Harry, is that you?" My voice came out barely above a whisper, a lump forming in my throat.

If this is a murderer, I am so so very dead.

But it wasn't. He turned around, his green eyes meeting mine, and I swear I was able to breathe once again. Just knowing that he was okay was enough for me.

"You scared me," I sighed in relief, a nervous laugh escaping me. I was still a little rattled, if you haven't noticed. "I thought you were some axe murderer or something."

"I don't own an axe."

That was all he said as he turned back towards the lawn. I probably stood there for another few minutes before I finally had the courage to say something.

"Harry... what's happening to you?"

"What's happening to me?" He retorted, continuing to stare out in to the night. It pissed me off that he wouldn't just look me in the eye and talk to me, but I know it's just because he's angry, himself. "More like what's happening to you?"

"Well, there is a tiny human being growing inside of me, so..." I trailed off, trying to hide the smile at my own joke, but he didn't seem to find it funny. He stood up from his seat and I'm pretty sure he would have left if I didn't decide to get serious for a moment.

"Is this about when I told you to leave?"

He stopped, standing at the bottom of my porch, not saying anything. I could see his back muscles tense up over the thin fabric of his shirt, his hands clenching by his sides.

"I don't want to talk about this right now. I don't even know why I showed up here, I just got angry at the guys and I had to get out of the house. Whether I like it or not, I ended up coming here."

I can't say that his words didn't hurt me -- if I did, I would be lying. But I knew he was saying them out of spite. He was just angry right now so the best I could offer him is the chance to cool down so we can talk things out later.

"Look, Harry, I know you're angry... so, you're welcome to stay if you like."

And it was nice that he didn't have to say anything for me to know what he meant. I was finally beginning to understand Harry Styles.

____________

a/n.

daw i live for jorry moments

but listen... i'm sorry for the crappiness or whatever it kind of sucks, i know but i still hope you enjoyed it cause i tend to enjoy bad things every once in a while

anyway please

vote, comment, share, and fan ♡

i love you guys and stay awesome