forty two

Jo

"Jo, are you feeling alright?"

His voice came out of nowhere as he seemed to sneak up on me, scaring the life out of me. I looked up from the frying pan in my hands, managing a smile before continuing with what I was doing.

"Fine, why do you ask?"

I moved around him, instantly peeling off the peels of the plantains as I began cutting them.

"Well, for one, you haven't said anything to me all day -- in fact, you hardly even looked at me." I could hear the annoyance in his voice as I continued to keep my back to him, continuing to cook.

"That's not true, I'm talking to you right now."

"Yeah, but you're not looking at me. Did I do something wrong? Did I say something or...?" He trailed off, placing a hand on my shoulder. The physical contact made me jump, causing the knife in my hands to knick my finger.

"Crap," I grumbled, quickly reaching for a paper towel as the blood began to pool.

"Damn, Jo, are you okay?" His hand instantly snatched up my hand and began tending to the cut, treating to my wound like I were a small child.

"I'm fine, Harry, it was just a scratch."

"You should be more careful around knives." His green eyes were fixed on my finger, applying pressure as to stop the bleeding. He easily grabbed a bandage from the cabinet with the pain killers, and bandaging it up.

"There... all better."

..... ..... .....

It really isn't Harry.

It really isn't because you said something you shouldn't have -- or maybe it would be better put as "something I wasn't ready to hear".

I'm not sure if you actually meant it or not, all I know is that you said it, and it could quite possibly be true. I mean, with the way you've been acting recently... maybe it is possible that you were telling me the truth.

You probably don't understand what's going on, and I know it's not fair that I'm acting like this towards you... but I can't just pretend like it never happened.

You told me you loved me...

And I don't think I was ready to hear that just yet.

And, as I lay here in my bed, that's all I could really think about -- those words you said to me -- and I really am trying to understand why they freaked me out so much.

I think... maybe... it's because the only man who's ever truly loved me was Max... and I've only ever loved him... and loving you... that would mean replacing him.

I can't do that.

____________

a/n.

aw... i think my heart just did a thing... :-)

anywho, what did you guys think of that? and what do you think of jo's logic or whatever? idk what you want to call it, tbh.

vote, comment, fan, and share :-)

i love you guys so so much and thank you so much for everything!

THANKS SO MUCH FOR GETTING ME TO 134.2K READS, 11.5K VOTES, AND 3.8K COMMENTS YOU GUYS ARE THE BOMB.COM.