four

Coffee shop.

Sounds like a place for a cliche scenario, right?

Well, too bad because this is, in fact, not a cliche scenario.

Harry sat at one of the small, round tables in the back, a black fedora tipped towards the front, blocking his face. He couldn't afford to be recognized by the paps.

So, what is Harry Styles doing inside a coffee shop?

Well, he's doing what anyone else would do at a coffee shop: He was drinking a coffee, waiting for his company to arrive.

He was halfway through his coffee when the front door opened, a man in a long coat walking in. His steely gaze was enough to send the few people inside looking in the other direction, talking quietly amongst themselves as if the man never walked in.

The man did a once over of the place before walking past the counter straight to the back table... right where Harry was sitting.

"I never thought I'd have to hear from you again, Styles."

"I never thought that I'd need your help, James." Their usual greeting was exchanged as Harry swirled the bitter and cold coffee around in his cup, silently reaching in his pocket for the piece of paper needed just for this special occasion.

"I need answers." He slid the piece of paper across the table, the man snatching it up almost instantly. "I got a call from this lady that works for some fertility doctor -- Dr.Brennan. Supposedly I donated sperm to them and they used it already with some woman -- they won't tell me her name. That's what I need you to find out for me; who she is. That's it."

James chuckled, a deep sound that seemed to vibrate the little table they were situated at. "You're in some deep shit, Harry. But you've always been known as a troublemaker."

"Shut up, James. I don't need your opinion, I just need you to do your job."

"Alright, alright. But what's in it for me?"

"The usual."

"And if I don't want to and I choose not to help you?" Now, this was something Harry didn't want to hear from 'James the Jokester'. Harry leaned in, a threatening look in his eyes.

"You're a P.I.*, it's your job to do what I say. But, if you want to refuse, I'll just have to have a little talk with your boss about your little side job." And, with those final words, Harry walked out of the coffee shop, tossing his coffee out in the trash bin outside.

* a P.I. is a private investigator

____________

a/n. well hello all you lovely people c:

i hope you liked this rather uneventful chapter (and the uneventful ones before this one oops) and if you did:

cote + fan / follow lovelies c:

tysm for the awesome load of support c: ily <3