thirty two

Harry

My head was still pounding as I woke up the next morning, the light shining through the windows only intensifying the pain.

I slowly opened my eyes, fighting my drowsiness as I looked around; I was on Jo's couch. She was laying down on the other end of the couch, a bowl of popcorn balanced on her lap as she watched the show on the screen. I don't think she even noticed that I was awake.

"I was wondering when you were going to get up," she spoke up a little too loudly, briefly glancing away from the tv screen. She smiled at me using her foot to nudge my arm that I was using to block the lights.

She was enjoying this way too much.

"You know, the least you could do is get me some pain killers."

"Uh-uh, you woke me up at five in the morning. I had to get up out of bed and drag your drunk, heavy self around; so you can deal with your headache." I looked over at her and she was laughing at me. She didn't care that I was hungover, she wanted to get back at me.

"You're evil," I grumbled, sitting up on the couch.

"Maybe."

Everything fell silent as she went back to watching the tv. I'm not sure what I was supposed to do now. I could just go home, but I don't have my car -- Liam drove us yesterday.

"You can go freshen up in the bathroom... I found some of Max's old clothes that you can use."

I nodded my head, slowly standing up from the couch. "Thanks, Jo."

She smiled at me, plopping a piece of popcorn in your mouth. "You're welcome."

..... ..... .....

A shower was just what I needed. After I got out, I felt refreshed and my head even hurt a little less.

I walked downstairs to the smell of pancakes and bacon, and Jo was standing I front of the stove cooking like there was no tomorrow. She didn't even look up from what she was doing, just carried on while speaking.

"Painkillers are in the top cabinet next to the fridge."

I thanked her and quickly looked for them, just trying to get rid of the pain. As I was looking for them, I came across a picture on the fridge, something I've never seen before.

"Is this the baby?"

Her head snapped up as she looked over at the picture I was holding in my hands.

"Yeah, that's her."

____________

a/n.

thank you all so much for 69.1k reads and 6.9k votes and 2.5k comments. you guys are literally the greatest readers ever <3 love you guys so much, to the moon and back like 5 million billion zillion trillion times :-) <333