forty four

Jo

I looked around the empty nursery, ready for the day ahead. It was currently 5:52 in the morning, and I was just moments away from setting up this entire room for my little baby girl, my little sunshine.

"Well," I breathed out, tying my hair up in a ponytail, "let's get started."

The day before, during the baby shower, I had asked Harry to begin moving all of the baby's gifts and things in to the nursery; and thankfully he did so without any questions. Now it was all a matter of getting this all ready in time.

I began with the heavy boxes, pushing them across the room in to one corner -- the crib, the rocker, and the changing table -- before stacking all of the opened presents off to one side.

Now I'll just have to start putting together the crib and everything.

"Jo! What are you doing!" I quickly straightened up at the unexpected voice, quickly hiding the bag of tools behind me.

My mother stood at the door of the nursery, a mug of coffee in her hands. She was staring at me with her famous 'what are you doing?' look, entering the room. I smiled sheepishly as I glanced around the room.

"I... was... just cleaning up around here!" I answered quickly, nodding my head for confirmation.

I mean, that seemed believable enough.

"Uh huh, and what are you doing with those tools?"

"Tools? What tools?"

"I'm not stupid, Jo... but the least you could have done was gotten Harry to do it." I felt all of the air leave my body at the mention of his name, quickly trying to gather my thoughts.

"He couldn't make it... so I guess it's just you and me, Mami."

..... ..... .....

As the day wore on, I grew more and more tired. Continuing on with the work, we ended up getting more and more of the work done, the nursery finally starting to fall in to place. But, the more I worked, the more pain I seemed to endure.

Pretty soon I was kneeling over in pain every fifteen minutes or so. My mother looked up from the final pieces of the rocking chair, worry clearly etched in to her features.

"Jo, are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine... just a little pain, that's all."

Next thing I knew she was standing up from her crouched down position, hovering over me.

"What kind of pain?"

"I don't know... it's pain."

"How often?"

"What?"

"The pain! How often do you feel it?"

"Every fifteen minutes or so -- look, I don't know I'm not a clock!"

I finished yelling at my mom just as another wave of pain began erupting in my stomach. I crouched over in pain, digging my nails in to my palms to keep from crying out in pain.

"Jo, we have to get you to a hospital -- "

"What?!" I shouted at her, my eyes going wide as I met hers. She didn't even bother to do anything as she began herding me out of the nursery.

"You're in labor!"

"I can't be in labor!" I shouted at her, fighting her on this. I mean, there was no freaking way I could be in labor. "Mami, I'm not due for another two weeks!"

"News flash, m'ija: aveces el bebe llega antes de tiempo."

**translation**

m'ija: aveces el bebe llega antes de tiempo. = sometimes the baby comes early

____________

a/n.

okay, important.

i'm not writing out the scene where jo gives birth.

honestly? i don't feel like it because that's going in to depth about something i've never experienced and never (nor i wish) to see.

hope you understand :D

but other than that, what do you think? do you love it or hate it?

vote, comment, fan, and share!

i love you guys with all of my big fat heart and this story is wrapping up guys! thank you so much for following this story and everything ily!

AND THANK YOU LOVELY PEOPLE FOR ALL OF YOUR CUTE LITTLE MESSAGES ON THE CHAPTER BEFORE WHEN ANNOYING PEOPLE (who shall not be named) WERE NAGGING ME ABOUT SHORT CHAPTERS WHEN I HAVE STUFF TO DO AND A LIFE AND SCHOOL IS LITERALLY STARTING IN TWO DAYS AND I CAN'T FREAKING BREATHE I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH :D <3

AND THANKS SO MUCH FOR GETTING ME TO 154.8K READS, 12.4K VOTES, AND 3.9K COMMENTS I LOVE YOU ALL SO SO MUCH <333 xx