ten

Harry

Girls are so frustrating.

There's seriously nothing more to it. I try to do something nice for Jo and she just throws it back in my face like what I did meant nothing to her.

Some form of gratitude.

I was thankful to finally be at the house, I need a serious nap because this jet lag is killing me...

"I'm so fucking done." I sighed, slamming the door shut behind me. The sound carried throughout the nearly empty foyer, giving me something to keep me mentally stable at the moment.

"Done with what?" I felt my heart jump in my chest as I looked up, only to see the rest of the band standing in the foyer. I thought someone just walked in to the house like a maniac.

"Fuck, Louis. You don't just sneak up on someone like that." They laughed as they all went back to doing what they normally do when we're at home -- but we weren't at home. "And what are you guys even doing here?"

"Management sent us," Niall answered from behind me, walking in to the living area to take a seat in front of the television. "Oh, they want to meet with you as soon as possible; just thought I'd be the one to let you know."

Dammit, what did I do now?

"Shit... Did they say why?"

I stood there patiently waiting for a reply but I guess my question didn't deserve an answer because I never got one. Which is why I had to leave the house once again and drive to the offices.

..... ..... .....

I've been sitting in this office for twenty three minutes and still I haven't been able to meet with management yet. I'm not sure how this is even going to play out, let alone how they were even able to find out about this whole thing --

"Harry. Sorry, I had some other business to attend to." I looked up from the desk in front of me to face Rick, the representative of the company.

"Uh... it's no problem."

"Good, good." He sat down in his desk chair, adjusting the thick wire-framed glasses on his nose before looking at me. "We know about your baby."

"My baby?" His beady eyes watched my every move as I questioned him, trying my best to play it off as if I had no idea what he was talking about. Hell, I wish I had no idea what he was talking about. If I didn't, then I wouldn't have to watch over a pregnant woman.

"Yes, your baby. We also know that you have already gone to visit the infamous Jo. It is quite pointless to act as if you have no idea what I'm speaking to you about because I know you do." He began rearranging the things on his desk, only pausing to look at me every once in a while.

"Rick, to be fair, I did go to fix the situation with her -- "

"We know, Harry. And we are one hundred percent behind you on your decision." To be honest, I was ready to continue arguing my point, which is why it honestly surprised me when he said he's agreed with what I did.

"Uh, what?"

"Harry, the paparazzi can't find out about Jo's pregnancy. But, if they do, they must know that you're doing everything in your power to make things better for her and the baby. If they were to find out that you were not helping Jo with her pregnancy, it will be bad publicity for you and the band. So, don't mess this up, Harry."

I didn't know what to say. What do you say to your boss when you have a conversation like this?

"I, uh, I won't."

"Good. Now go pick up Jo and bring her to me; I'd like to meet her in person."

____________

a/n.

literally in tears bc of all the support i've been receiving on this story c: you guys are literally the greatest readers ever ilyasm <333

and, if you liked this chapter

cote + fan / follow it really helps me out c: <3