thirty

Harry

"Dude, you look like shit."

I closed the door behind me, letting myself relax for the first time today. Ever since I saw those pictures online of Jo at the doctor's, I knew that I had to get this all fixed. So, I practically spent my entire morning arguing with Rick about getting this story out of the public eye for Jo's sake, and then the second half taking care of Jo.

I guess Beanie and Melinda were dead set on giving me hell for being an asshole those first few months because they were nowhere in sight for the rest of the day.

"Gee, I wonder why," I snapped at Niall, instantly regretting it.

Without saying another word, I dropped down on to the couch, not even bothering to kick off my shoes. I closed my eyes, almost drifting out of consciousness, only to be awakened by my rather annoying best friend.

"And that, kids, is why you don't get your girlfriend pregnant," Louis snickered, moving my feet off of the couch in order for him to sit down. I opened my eyes and glared at him, shoving him with my foot.

"One, she's not my girlfriend. Two, I got her pregnant under some bizarre circumstances -- which I'm still trying to figure out. But, either way, I just want to sleep so leave me alone."

"Wait, how did you get her pregnant anyway?" Louis pressed on, moving even closer to me on the couch. "You know, how did she get your sperm?"

"I think we should just leave him alone," Liam cut in, stopping the conversation from going any further. I was thankful for that, without a doubt, since I was really just looking forward to just taking a shower and going right to bed. "But I'm not about to just leave you here. You need to get out and have some fun -- hell, we all do. When was the last time we all went out for a drink?"

I rolled my eyes. "I don't know, before this whole thing happened?"

"Exactly. So, get your butt off the couch and grab your wallet." Liam pulled me up from the couch and forced me out of the house before I could even object. It's not like any of the others were going to defend me; they don't know what it's like to take care of a moody pregnant woman.

..... ..... .....

I sat at the bar of the club that we ended up settling on, not paying attention as to where the others have gone. The only thing I was keeping tabs on was how much alcohol I could actually consume without puking or blacking out, whichever comes first.

When we got here, the music made my head hurt even more and I could hardly avoid the desperate women in here, not easing up on their annoying advances. This place that I used to seek solace in was now driving me crazy as I resorted to getting drunk in order to calm myself.

I could hardly see straight.

I couldn't even walk without nearly puking.

My head was still pounding.

Things were even worse than they were before.

I don't even remember getting up from the bar or attempting to walk out of the club. I don't remember falling or picking up my phone to dial a familiar number. All I can really remember are fragments of the conversation.

"Harry?"

"Why are you calling at five in the morning?"

"Are you drunk?"

"Where are you?"

"I'm on my way."

I don't remember when she actually came for me. All I know is that someone helped me up and led me to a car that was parked out front, and then I was enveloped in the smell of sweet lavender and vanilla.

Holy fuck she smelled amazing.

I think I talked to her about that, and she told me to "shut up because I'm mad at you". It was actually really funny because I remember laughing during the entire ride home... and she made an interesting offer.

"If you can make it to the front door, I'll let you stay here."

And I was all for it.

____________

a/n.

harry got freaking drunk.

anyway, before you guys start to yell at me about how long it took me to update, i just want you to know that I ALREADY KNOW IT TOOK ME A LONG TIME AND I'M SORRY.

so, i did a longer update here to make up for it :) and, i'm already working on chapter 31 so you guys won't send an angry mob to my house.

please

cote + fan / follow

i love you guys so much and thank you for 56.5k and 6k votes you guys are the bomb.com

^^ look at that harry gif though >>