twenty four

Jo

I whirled around, quickly shoving the picture back in to the box.

I can't believe I didn't hear the door open... Gosh, how can I be so stupid?

"I know it is," I spoke after a while, though my voice didn't come out nearly as confident as I wanted it to. That was all I could think of to say about something as touchy as this.

I mean, he wasn't even supposed to seethe picture like... ever.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Harry asked me, his voice coming out soft as well. If I didn't know any better, I would have believed that he were hurt by my secrets... but I knew better than that.

"I don't want to talk about it — "

"Why didn't you tell me you're married?" I couldn't help but flinch at his words, trying my hardest not to react any more than I already have. I could feel his eyes on me, trying to get me to spill my secrets, but I wasn't going to just tell him everything.

I don't know if I can trust him.

"It's not important..."

"It's not important?" He asked me, staring at me like I just grew three more heads. "Jo, this is very important. You should be having a baby with him not me! I don't see why you had to drag me in to this!"

He shouted at me, and I swear there was something off about this, about everything.

"Harry, you don't know anything about what's going on — "

"I know I don't! That's why I want to try and understand!"

"You're asking me to tell you my life story, and I'm just not ready to do that." The room fell silent for a while, allowing me to hear the pounding of my heart in my ears; I didn't want to listen to that anymore. "Besides, I don't think this has anything to do with you so I don't need to tell you anything."

"Jo, you're not making any sense."

"Maybe." I don't know, maybe he was looking for more of a reaction out of me, but I wasn't going to give him that.

"If you've been through what I've been through, maybe you'd see where I'm coming from."

____________

a/n.

helllooo c: i finally updated c:

so... what do you guys think about Jo's little secret thingy?

idek. i mean... *sigh* i'm going to make the next update longer and i'm going to explain everything there.

please,

cote + fan / follow

i love you guys and thank you! [for literally everything]

stay tuned.

please read 'alarm' on @drunkenight's profile. i'm not updating until she reaches 800 - 1,000 reads c: