forty nine

Everyone has noticed the change in Harry's attitude. Management has noticed, the boys have noticed, the fans have noticed -- literally everyone.

Stories of Harry and Jo soon died down as everyone began to believe that those were just rumors. Of course, they were never confirmed nor denied by Harry, simply because he refused to talk about it.

The once carefree boy band member was now heavily burdened, but he tried his best not to let it show. He still kept his promise to Jo, even though it's been nearly a month since they've last spoken, and he hasn't touched a drink since. It's been hard, but his band mates have helped him through it.

But no one could deny the fact that he was slowly crumbling. He was suffering from serious heart break, and no one knew what to do. Management and the rest of the band have tried to contact Jo but she changed her phone numbers and she moved out of her house.

Right now, no one knew where Jo Cordova and Lilia Stacey Styles were located.

Harry thought about enlisting the help of James once again, but he thought better of it. If Jo wanted to be found, then she would have given him a way to contact her, but clearly she wants nothing to do with him.

Eventually, they sent him home. He needs some time to "recover", and he could do it best when he was with his mother and sister.

That's how he found himself standing outside his old house, all of his belongings on their way now.

He dreaded coming here, simply because he was reminded of what could have been if Jo simply would have agreed to his plan, agreed to come to England and be a family with him.

Either way, he made his way up the front steps, silently placing the key in the lock and twisting the knob.

Immediately he heard the commotion inside as his mother and Gemma were scrambling around the kitchen, putting things away and putting the last touches on the various foods they had prepared.

"Harry's here!" Gemma shouted as she briefly glanced at the doorway in the middle of her panicked state. His mother now looked up from the cake in her hands, a smile making its way on to her face.

"Hello mum. Hi Gemma." The three of them greeted each other, and they could see just how much Harry has changed since they've last seen him.

The band was right, Harry's not the same as he used to be.

"Harry, are you hungry?" Harry looked at her with sad eyes and simply forced a smile on to his face.

"No, mum, I'm fine. I think I'm just going to lay down for a while -- "

"I just put Lilia down for her nap. I hope the food's ready because I'm starving!" Harry heard the familiar voice as the sound of footsteps made its way towards the kitchen. He turned around just in time to see a rejuvenated Jo enter the kitchen, a bright smile on her face.

The second she entered the room, she saw Harry, staring at her with wide eyes. It took all she had in her to keep from laughing as she smiled.

"Hello, Harry," she paused, looking back at Gemma who was grinning like a mad man before turning back to Harry. "What took you so long to come home?"

It's like he was frozen in that spot in the kitchen, trying to tell whether Jo was truly there or if his eyes were deceiving him. It was only when Gemma pushed him towards Jo when he seemed to snap back in to reality, the smile no one has seen for over a month making its way on to his face.

In two steps he was standing in front of Jo, scooping her up in his arms before planting a kiss on those full lips of hers -- something he's wanted to do for a very long time. She smiled as she kissed him back, enjoying the feeling of being with him, right here, right now.

He couldn't stop. For the rest of the day he stayed glued to Jo's side, constantly hugging her and kissing her when he felt appropriate. He could tell that it seemed to bother Gemma some, but it didn't matter.

He spent a great amount of time with Lilia, too, just admiring his beautiful daughter and the mother of his child.

"I love you so much," Harry breathed out as he sat with Jo on the couch, watching as Gemma and his mother would play with Lilia on the floor of the living room.

"Yeah, but I love you so much more," she teased him, poking her tongue out at him. He didn't try to argue with her as he pulled her in to his side, carefully reaching in to his pocket to pull out the much needed item.

"Hey, Jo," he spoke to her, sitting up on the couch. She sat up with him, glancing at the item in his hands.

When she did, she began laughing at the sight before her, despite the tears forming in her eyes. As he got down on bended knee before her, he held the item in his hands before her.

"Jo... Will you go to the store with me to buy you this ring so I can marry you?"

She looked at the picture on his phone, instantly falling in love with the piece of jewelry.

"I don't know, Harry, I think I've finally found something I love more than you," she teased him, scrolling through the various pictures of the ring. He simply rolled his eyes, waiting for an answer. He knew she was stalling, but he didn't mind.

He would propose to her a million more times if that's what she wanted.

"Yes, I will go to the store with you to -- " But he didn't let her finish as he kissed her lips once again, sealing the deal.

Pretty soon they were going to be Mr. & Mrs. Styles.

____________

a/n.

i cannot even. like, you guys finally got your kiss and other things :D

so sorry if this is coming out really crappy. did you like it or hate it?

vote, comment, fan, and share :D

i love you guys so much and thanks for everything. oh, and don't forget to read "one night"! i'll be posting chapters to it soon :D

also THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR GETTING ME TO 572K I AM LITERALLY SCREAMING <333