forty seven

How do you get someone to change their mind after you completely screw things up?

The answer is quite simple: in most cases, you don't. On those very few, rare occasions, you can fix the damage that was done, but it certainly does take a lot of time.

In Harry's case, it's quite possible that Jo would never forgive him for what has happened, but that doesn't mean he was going to stop trying. Hey, he got her to change her mind once, he can get her to do it again.

Either way, it was best that he didn't say anything right now, just admiring the little baby in Jo's arms.

"What's her name?" Harry asked her, the question bothering him the more he stayed silent. He noticed the way Jo seemed to deflate as he asked the question, her eyes not once leaving their daughter.

"I don't know..." she mumbled, carefully pushing the blanket out of the baby's face so she could see her better.

"You don't know?"

"No, I don't know," Jo snapped at him. She didn't want to talk about this now, but she knew she was going to have to face this problem sometime. "I was waiting for you, but now I don't really want your say in this."

Even though she continued to talk, he could only hear one phrase.

I was waiting for you.

Believe it or not, he's thought about this for quite some time. Sure, he resented the idea of Jo having his child but then he grew to like the idea, and, pretty soon, he was attempting to help in any way he could.

"I like Stacey," Harry suggested, carefully watching the look on Jo's face as he spoke. She scrunched her nose up the more she began looking at her daughter.

"I don't really see her as a 'Stacey'... more like..." and she gasped, looking at her daughter with excitement in her eyes.

"Lilia."

"Lilia?"

"Yeah." She looked up from her daughter's face to look over at Harry. "Why, you don't like it?"

"No, Lilia's a beautiful name."

Jo smiled, holding her baby up to look her right in the face. "Welcome to the world Lilia Stacey..." Jo trailed off, knowing what he was waiting for.

He's waiting to hear the baby's last name.

"Lilia Stacey..." Harry encouraged her, waiting for her to fill in the blank.

"Lilia Stacey... Styles."

____________

a/n.

YOU FINALLY KNOW THE BABY'S NAME WOO.

so, yes, my sister's name did win the contest, and before you start your groans of disapproval, i am also going to give the same prize to @stylesbaeX because she was the second place with STACEY!

(woo yeah you go girl)

anyway, please

vote, fan, comment, and share :D

i love you guys to the moon and back and omfg the story is wrapping up i literally can't i'm dying okay? okay. bye :D

ALSO I WANT TO SAY A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU FOR GETTING THIS STORY TO 404.9K READS, 21.4K VOTES, AND 5.1K COMMENTS YOU GUYS ARE THE BOMB.COM AND OMFG I'LL LEAVE YOU GUYS ALONE NOW BYE <3