|39| Frenemies

"Miss Adelaide! Mimsy is here to wakes you up!" Squeaked the sweet house elf wearing a pretty white lace smock. Adelaide pried her eyes open in the dark room to see the gigantic electric blue eyes of her oldest friend. The elf tugged on her arm nervously, looking over at the window.

"Oh no!" Adelaide cried fumbling to grab her wand and put it over her heart. "Amato Animo Animato Animagus," She said once again.

"Mimsy heards Master Fawley say it might rain today Miss Adelaide!" she said cheerfully.

"Really?!" Adelaide exclaimed. The happy house elf nodded so fiercely that it made her big bat like ears flop around wildly. "Mimsy, please let me know if it turns into an electrical storm, alright?"

"Mimsy will lets you know right away and will not tells anyone about Miss Adelaide tryings to be a cat." She said with a big smile.

"You're the best Mimsy!" Adelaide said, hugging the sweet elf. "Mimsy, when is your birthday?" She asked curiously.

The house elf's electric blue eyes pooled with tears, a bewildered smile stretched across her face. "August 4th." she squeaked.

"That's the same month as mine!" she cheered. "Do you have a favorite color?" she asked.

"Oh Mimsy's masters love green!"

"No, no, no... What is your favorite color? Mine is lavender." She smiled.

Mimsy had always loved little Miss Adelaide. The little girl had always been very kind to her, and was always sure to thank her, but she was taken aback by the genuine interest she had in her life. Her, just Mimsy. As if she was an equal.

"Blue. Mimsy loves Blue." She said with a watery smile.

"Good to know..." Adelaide said with a half-smile as the planning wheels in her head began turning. "Well I suppose I might as well get up now..." She sighed.

Adelaide pulled out the ornate compact mirror and softly spoke Sirius's name. She waited, holding on to Dorris, while Mimsy made the bed. "Come on padfoot... answer... please answer..." she murmured to herself. Mimsy gave the girl a sad look. Miss Adelaide had been trying to talk to her friend all summer, but her friend would never answer.

Adelaide closed the mirror and got ready for the day, then put the mirror in her pocket along with her wand.

It had been three weeks since the dinner with 'Creepy Mr. Riddle', and Adelaide was rejoicing in the fact that she hadn't seen him since. Her days were long and boring, and spent either reading up on her future lessons the next year, or planning her pranks for the future suitors to perfection. However, today she would find out just how effective her little pranks would be.

Evan Rosier and his family arrived late that afternoon. Evan's Father, Allen Rosier, was a dragonologist and the author of many books on the subject. He had brown eyes and dirty blonde hair, and Evan's same sun-tanned skin and tall build. Evan's mother, Aquila (Black) Rosier, was a tall angular woman with Evan's same brown hair and blue-green eyes, who wrote an advice column for the daily prophet.

"Addy!" Evan greeted as he walked in the door. Adelaide gave him a warning look that he didn't understand.

"Oh! Lovely! I didn't realize you two were already acquainted!" Allen said happily in his booming low voice.

Adelaide faked a smile. "Yes, we were lucky enough to meet through a mutual friend of ours."

"She means Reg!" he told his parents happily before turning to speak to Adelaide. "Reg came over last week for dinner with his family." he said.