accidental hybrid:chapter 2

I checked my alarm clock on my bedside table and it read 2:30. Hh god not again and I seemed to be getting woken up earlier and earlier. I slumped back onto my sweaty bed covers, to drained of energy to change them. Or cared to little to want to.

Last night I had been woken up by my nightmare at 3 in the morning and the day before that 3:30 in the morning. At this rate I might not sleep at all after tonight.

My eyes were still heavy with lack of sleep but I didnt want to go back to my nightmare. I have had these constant nightmares since I was 6, each one scarier and more detailed than the one before. When they first started out , I would wake up screaming. But now I had grown used to them. I would only be sweating and out of breath everytime I awoke.

Relaxing, my heart beat started to return to normal and my breathing was starting to go back to its natural rhythme. My tempreture was still high even though the room was fairley cool. I needed some fresh air.

But then I rememberd my nightmare. I was standing next to the window. I was tottaly not going near the window tonight. Or maybe not ever again.

I didnt know much about my dreams other than the same familiar faces kept reapiring in it. But the creature in them changed. One night I would be dreaming of a winged bird man and the next a dark, animal like man who seem to strick me as some vampire. But everyone knew vampires didnt excist ! dont they ?

My knowledge of them being real or not was always clouded by the fact that my nightmares were so vivid. Like I was right there. Feeling every emotion, every touch and hearing everything.  

I laughed out loud. These were just nightmares ! Everyone has them. But I still had that gut renching feeling after I woke from my nightmare. Like deep down I knew. But I knew what ?

I always had that feeling like I know something but I could never figure it out. My nightmares would give me clues to finding out what it is but i could never figure it out. 

I hated my nightmares. I couldnt stop them from coming. I had no choice but to dream them. Otherwise I would get no sleep at night. I have tried everything. Sleeping tablets because some say if your in a deep sleep its harder for you two dream. Thinking of something I did in the day before so I would dream of that.

The list go's on and on but none of them have worked. My parents have become used to them as well. They dont bother rushing into me now, when I scream or not even when they know I am awake.

They just leave me on my own, to deal with them. For ten years I've had them, constantly. Every single night and there tired of them. I'm the one who has to dream them.

The whole god damn area knows I dream them now because of my parents. Because of them I have no friends. Everyone at school thinks I am a freak. Eventually they had to tell the school why I was off most days. Just telling them that I wasnt sleeping wasnt enough. And people overheard.

I also freeze when I see the slightest drop of blood because of seeing so much of it in my nightmares. When the vampire had entered them. His eyes red with thirst. His fangs, white and clear as the moon.............and all that blood.The blood seeping from the wounds of his latest victim. Just the image of it inside my head scares me.

No more! I wish over and over again, in my head before i go to sleep. but.....................you know what happens. I dream.