accidental hybrid: chapter 91

i finnally caught up with jamie. well, he had stopped running. thats the only problem with new borns. there fast.

jamie had stopped outside of an abandoned building. its windows were borded up and the front door had metal chains around the handels. it looked rather big from the front. it reaked of age. moss coverd most of the bricked walls and the wood that had been used to make the framing of the windows rotted and splinterd in the corners. the bricks were twice the size of the bricks made today and they were dark grey and they looked wet in the moon light.

as i carried on looking at the house, i heard the chains wrapped around the door rattle. i looked towards them and noticed jamie pulling on them. he tried again, only pulling on them harder and the ringed loops that entwined together to make the chain broke apart and ell to the floor around him. " what the hell are you doing ?" i hissed at him. he turned around. " loosen up a little, have some fun, besides, we are vampires after all so what is anyone going to do to us if they find us in here?" he said.

by his expression, i knew it was a questions that didnt need answering because i knew the answer. no one could do anything. we could snap a humans  fragile neck before they even could press the first number 9 on there phone to call the police.  and there was nothing i could to stop jamie. even as i thought, i heard him open the double doors of the house and walk in. part of me wanted to walk away and just go home to tyson but the naughty side of me wanted me to go inside.

" come on amiee !" jamie called. great. my legs moved and took me further towards the house and eventully inside of it. my black snow boots banged on the bare wooden floor boards. i heard jamie walking upstairs, his weight making the loose floor boards creak. i noticed i was in a large dining room. well , it looked like it had been a dining room. a table was placed in the corner with a dirty table cloth over the top of it. a few chairs were scatterd around but other than that the room was bare. even the cream walls were bare. i noticed the corners of the ceilings were getting damp and ruined and the banisters supporting the roof were breaking. also the room smelled bad like a dead body had been left to decompose in here. no wounder why the owner wanted to sell the place or just get out of it even. and by the lack of furniture and building equipment, i guessed that they hadnt even botherd to try and fix the place up. just left to rot and eventually break down. another pieace of history left to vanish from our world.

jamie shouted me from upstairs. " i'm coming" i shouted back. i saw i had to walk through another empty room to get to the stairs. again this room mirrored the other room and so did the smell. but this time, it was completly empty and the emptyness made even the slighest noise my big footed self made the room echo. i found the stairs but they looked like anyone who even dared to walk on them had a serious death wish. the first step had completly shatterd so you had to use the seconds step first. and most of the others looked bent slightly in the middle of the wood like they were going to snap at any momment. but i had a go anyway. taking two steps at a time and hearing the wood sweak loudly as i balanced my entire weight on them. i heard jamie walking back towards the stairs and stopping at the top to wait for me. " good your here, come on i want to show you something" he said, then turned back the way he had came. he walked to a room right at the end of the small corridor.

i sighed and followed him. whatever he wanted to show me had better be good.