accidental hybrid:chapter 3

I had gotten into the shower quickly and then changed my bed covers before getting back in bed. I did start getting cold again and because i didnt know what else i could do, it was still to early to go downstairs. I had tried to get back to sleep but with no luck.

I sighed. God it was irratating just lying here while every one else got to sleep. And that was nothing compared to the fact that time had decided to go slowly today. I had only been awake for half an hour , yet I felt like i had been here for a whole day.

At that moment my tummy growled moaning for food. Argh ! Now my stomache was protesting. I didnt want to go downstairs. It was dark.  

The electricity was turned of at night. Someone around here had moaned about the waste of electricity. There was only about 50 to 100 people living in the area. so having to save electricity was confusing but the power is turned off at 11. But if your still up by then , your going to have to use candels.

This time groaning louder for food, my tummy growled at me to stop day dreaming and fill it up. Well it looked like I was going for food, blind. for all I know i could be eating anything ! All I knew was that I wasnt going to be able to get back to sleep without any food.

I would use a candle but my mum hides them when everyone is in bed to make sure none of us did go downstairs at night. But I didnt know where they were.

I krept out of my bed, pulling the sheet to the other side. My feet went cold as I touched the floor.Wow how cold had it gotten ? My feet felt like ice cubes.

Within seconds I had reached the other side of my room where my door was.I opend the door a few inches,peeping out onto the landing to make sure all the bedroom doors was shut. And that no one was awake.

I was good to go. I krept on the landing , making my way to the stairs when I suddenly steped on a squeeky floor board. Damn! I froze, wating to see what happend. Nothing. phew ! That was close . I made it to the stairs finally and ran down them as quick and as quiet as I could.

Made it ! I shiverd as a fresh gust of cold air surrounded me. It must be below zero outside by now. I made my way into the kitchen wich was on the other side of the house. I ran through the living room to get to the kitchen but because i couldnt see ,I caught my hip on the edge of the table. " Ow !" I whisperd , remembering I had to keep quiet. That hurt alot .

I limped into the kitchen as I didnt know how bad I had hit my hip. I didnt want to make it worse. I walked up to the fridge, wich was still running with electricity through a battery. I heard it buzzing behind the fridge. I was so glad it wasnt tottaly quiet.

I rampaged through the fridge to see what I could eat and found some apples at the back. This wasnt really what I would call food but I think it would satisfy my stomache until breakfast.  

I sat at my mums really expensive, lether seated dining table as I ate. This made me feel better. I munched at my apple until I had only the core left in my hand. But it suddenly seemed to go really quiet, then I realized the battery to the fridge had stoped.  

How could it stop? It came on automatically when the power went out, it would only go off when the main power came back on. Then I heard the living room door slam shut. 

Huh ! I droped the apple core that was still had in my hand. It rolled on the floor, stopped in its path by the table leg. Oh my god ! what was that? I was to shocked to move.

I waited in total silence until I heard the living room door creek back open. What was happeng ! My heart beat started to increase. Slamming against my rib cage. It felt like it was about to explode out of my chest. I so knew i would have a bruise under my left breast by the morning.

"Aaaammmiiieeee" someone whisperd. What the fuck ! It came in a soft whisper, also in a teasing tone. I was frightend now. I so badly want to run back to my room and hide under my covers but my body had just frozen there. Numb and lifeless.  

Then the voice came back again but laughing in a harsh tone. I then recognised that the voice sounded like it belonged to a male. In between his 20's and 30's. I knew it wasnt my dads because his voice was so much deeper and softer than this mans.

Then a frezzing gust of wind was thrown at me and I was pushed back into the far wall , on the oher side of the dining table. My head hit the wall , hard which stoped my scream from escaping my mouth. Blood ran down the side of my head where it had hit the wall. My head ached and my vision went dizzy before me.

Before i was engulfed in utter darkness, I saw the man who had be calling me. He was a blur so i couldnt his face clearly. But one thing i saw in him.

Darkness.