accidental hybrid: chapter 1

There was a continuous flapping noise outside of my window. It was starting to annoy me. I sat up in my bed and swung my legs around so they sat softly on my wodden floor. The room must have got really cold over night as the cold ran up my feet. I shiverd slightly. I got up out of bed and walked over to the window. Peering outside I saw nothing. The flapping noise had stopped. I pressed my nose against the window to get a better look ouside. All of a sudden the flapping started again but this time it was alot louder. Like it it was closer.

I looked behind me at my bedroom door to see if I could hear it it was coming from outside my room. No. I turned back to the window and felt my body shake with fear and surprise as a huge dark figure stood on the outside of my window.  

He just stood there, like he was deciding something as he held on to the outside of my window. His eyes followed my every movement. Something caught my attention from behind, taking my gaze from the strange man for a second. But looking back at the window the strange dark figure was gone. 

I blinked my eyes repeatedly, I must have been seeing things. I walked back to my bed, about to get back in when suddenly something came crashing right through my bedroom window causing me to jump further on to my bed. The large figure slided all the way to the other end of the room. The thing brought a gust of cool air with it,the air stabbing me like little knives all over.

The dark figure got up and spread its large wings out behind him. I gasped. What was he? A part of me was curious but the other half felt like if I finding out wouldn't be easy. I kept silent as the creature moved around my room, keeping its gaze on me. He never left my face. He stared a few moments longer and he soon seemed to become agitated. His jaw seemed to relax and his lips parted then he let out a piercing screaming noise that went right through me. It was so high pitched , the noise caused blood to slowly seep from my ears even though my hands had reacted as soon as the noise started and were already over them.

I begged for it to stop. Then as soon as it started, it stopped. I looked around my room to find the monster but I couldnt find him anywhere. Then feeling his eyes burning wholes in to my back, I turned around slowly and came face to face with him.  

He screamed at me again but this time I jumped off my bed and ran to my bedroom door as fast as I could but the bird thing stopped me. He managed to get there first and slapped me hard around my face which sent me flying over my bed and on to the floor on the other side of it.  

I wasnt bleeding but the hit had sent me dizzy. I couldnt see the bird thing as I closed my eyes. I just heard the bird thing fly back out of my window. It was the last thing I heard as I fell unconsuicous.

I then woke up, sweating and screaming in my bed.