accidental hybrid: chapter 62

i couldnt sleep any longer. as the moon light cast upon me through the parted curtains,every inch of skin it touched made them ache. i wanted to go outside to soak up more of the moon light. i have no idea why but the moon has always made me feel stronger. and it just makes me feel whole.

tyson had turned over, making him face away from me. thankfully his arm wasnt around me. i had to find some clothes before i could leave the room. the only thing covering me were the bed covers. i found everything i needed but i struggled putting on my bra as i had to hook it together so that the back strap sat under the place where my wings joined my back. i had everything on but i couldnt just go outside in my bra and pants could i. i found apair of pj bottoms in the cupboard and a black thin strapped vest in there aswell. they were going tohave to do for now, so i put them on as quickly and as quietly as i could. but i knew that nothing could wake tyson up but himself.

the bedroom door opened softly with aclick. the hallway was poorly lit with only candles lighting the way every so many inches away.the candles onlyilominated the place around itself, each candle casting a small circle above. the bergandey walls seemed a dark red colour in candle light. i began to walk slowly, making sure i didnt stand on any squeaky spots on the floor. the silence around me made me guess that everyone was asleep but i had heard olympus say that he was going to put two of the angels on guard all night, at the front door. so that ment i was going to have to try and get passed the front door to get to the back door.

i was almost near the stairs and i saw a small lantern placed on a small box beside the front door. i could make out two shapes sitting opposite from each other just outside. the door was open letting in a cool draft that circled me. from where i stood they both looked like they had fallen asleep, with there slumped bodies, one slouching backwards, his head tilting upwards. but i wasnt going to take any chances. as soon as my foot touched the first step leading downstairs, i used my unhuman speed to get to the kitchen where the back door was. everything whizzed by me, i was going to fast to make out the shapes at either side. i almsot slammed into the kitchen door as i slowed down. but luckly it hadnt been shut properly. so as i ran in the door just drifted open, gently banging against the wall behind it. the sound was to small for the angels to here. it was loud to me but i had better hearing than they did. and i didnt hear them making any effort to come and check it out.

the back door stood at the far end of the kitchen. it was a dark green colour but almost looked black in the dark. from here i couldnt see alot, only managing to make out the objects shape without my vampire night vision on. i had learned now that most of my abilities came to me by just thinking about them. and my night vision came to me as soon as i thought about it. but it only started to work when i blinked again. i didnt have to blink as often now, only every 5 minutes or so. the room lit up only in a light green colour rather than the colour the sun made everything look. i took in the changes for a few more minuets rhen i started to walk to the back door.

thankfully the back door was unlocked. cool air swept in as the door opened. i walked outside, the concrete feeling damp in the cool night air. the moon casted over me before i even reached the bench that had been placed before the garden started. the grass was quiet short and there wasnt alot of it for such a big mansion. it was if i has just come out of a regular sized house. there were signs that it had been snowing in places. but the snow had gone clear and slushy as it melted away.

even with my shoulders and my arms bare, i was still rather warm. i needed to unfold my wings as they began to ache. i got up.the vest i had on was low down on my back so i could unfold them. i heard the wind ruffle my feathers as i slowly began to unfold them. i had to pull down the vest a little so they could get out abit more. they soon unfold from my back and they hung wildly on my back. even with how big they looked, they werent heavy at all. the blackness of them was terrifying but the colour shined in the moon light. i had only been outside for a few minuetes but already i felt so much better. i sat back down on the bench, sitting up straight so that my wings were still outstreched.

i was about to be engulfed in the moon light and silence when someone laughed behind me. i turned around and saw a dark figure standing at the side of the house, just peering around the corner at me. i couldnt see him because i had turned my night vision off as soon as i got out here.

noticing that he had been seen and heard, he stepped out of the darkness into the light. i knew he was a vampire as soon as i saw him. he smelt of one and looked like one. his skin was deathly pale and his skin looked like he had pulled it to tight over his skull. his fangs were visible through the thinness of his pale red lips, as they made the shape of them.

i had never seen him before. even though i had seen alot of vampires latley. and what did he want? but the smile that spread over his face told me he didnt want something that good to me but good to him.