accidental hybrid: chapter 70

the mansion was quiet. to quiet. like someone had just died. well ok vampires had died but it wasnt like they were alive. every thing was still. even the wind that had been blowing around outside a while ago had just vanished. i didnt even here the silent chatter of the angels in the living room.

i lingerd at the top of the stairs before i decided to move a leg forward and move. the hole in the front wall of the mansion had been borded up with a thick, door sized block of wood. i guessed that was a tempory door for a while untill it got fixed. the small gaps around the door had been filled it with small bricks, just enough to keep out as much of the cold as possible. but even from a distance. i felt the cold claw at my skin. leaving goose bumps were ever it touched.

my feet slapped the stairs as i grew closer to the silent living room ahead. i never botherd stopping as i reached the bottom. i just continued towards the living room, only stopping to lean against the living room door frame. olympus was sitting in his usual chair, his gaze staring wide eyed at the fire. its flames licked through the chimney breast. its warm glow filled the room, casting so many shadows here and there, the room felt to dark. the others were doing similar things. just staring wide eyed into space. most angels were leaning against the far end wall beside the coal fire. there arms folded across there chest. different emotions played on each face. confusion, hatred, sadness. the room was so depressing, i wanted to leave. i was about to but the ornament on the shelf above the fire caught my attention again.

as always, she was wearing different clothes. only this time her clothes were thicker and in darker colours. like it was cold were ever she was. her arms were folded against her chest to, like her big brown, featherd coat wasnt keeping her warm. her face had seemed to lighten to. even for a porcliean white doll. her eyes stood out the most as she gazed ahead of her. even though the cold that i imagend was tugging at her warmth, ripping it away from her as much as it could, her eyes radiated with happiness and love. like she was with someone that she loved so much that she didnt care if she was in the coldest of tempretures, she didnt care as long as she was with them.

i walked towards her, not taking my eyes of her. i stopped right infront of the fire untill i felt its heat burn me. and my nose almost touching her delicate features. i raised my hands and placed her inbetween both of my hands. the porcilean glass she was made of felt cold under my skin. no wounder why she was cold. i traced the lines of her tiny mouth and the dents made to make each strand in her hair. her fingers were sony tiny , it seemed impssible to have made her by hand. but the mark at the bottom said she had been hand crafted. i placed both of my thumbs onto her forehead and began to stroke its smooth surface. images of a very beautiful women began to appear in my head. only quick ones, but some of them repeated themselves.

one picture i saw was of the young women, only a few years older than me, smiling happily, her skin glowing radiantly. but the happy pictures of her faded soon after and my head was filled with darkness,almost like something happend to this women. someone close to her dying maybe ? an ilness? the bad feeling grew, so big that it made me feel like i no longer wanted to live but this women had pulled through it, or the worst of it anyway. but it seemd whatever had happend to her, she was never going to like it or understand it. but she knew she was going to have to live with it.

" hello amiee" a sweet, warm voice said distantly. the voice was sudden but its kindness made me less suprised. " hi" i said in my head. she must have heard. " nice to finnaly know you or well a little anyway" she said. " hmm yh everyone seems to know me just latley even tho i have never met them" i replied. i heard her laugh. " well i assure you that we will meet soon, we will need to meet soon because i garantee that your going to need my help amiee even though i know you are increadebly strong, there's no way your going to be able to win on your own" she said. i was suprised at that but i felt like i understood her. " can i atleast ask for your name because you know mine" i asked in my head. " yes of course, my name is claire...claire fields" she said. "thanks, and nice to meet you" i thought. " and you and i must leave you know amiee, good luck" she said. i felt her leave my head, like a suction lost from my mind. i was about to ask her why she had said good luck but she was gone.

i placed the ornament back on the shelf and turned around. some of the others had left as they came out of there dream like state. but olympus still sat in his chair. but he had come back to reality to. " such a lovley ornament isnt it, i paid lots of money for that and the women was so kind to part with it, i felt sorry afterwards" olympus said. " yh she is beautiful, i think i have never seen anything like her" i said cheerfully. " i was quite a while ago that i brought it, i still remember the previous owners name." olympus said. " what was her name?" i asked. " claire...claire fields, so was so beautiful, you should have seen her, to be honest i think she even looks exactly like that ornamnet" olympus joked.

he brought this of claire ? herself? so she was a real person and not just a pretty doll. she must have some type of physical connection to this doll. so thats why the clothes were always changing on the doll. it was because claire was changing her clothes to. so when claire did, so did the doll.

claire was more than she seemed. she has powers.