accidental hybrid: chapter 81

jamie didnt run at her this time, he just walked towards her. he only needed to take a couple of more steps and he would be right infront of the window. and thats where i needed him.

i counted his steps. one. two. three. i had to do it now. i reached inside of me for the elastic band and pulled as tight as i could and let it go. i also did it just in time. he had started to bare his fangs at claire and his eyes had started to go black.

the force field hit him hard but it didnt disintergrate him like i had wanted it to. it just made him fall back wards and smash into the window. the window did disintergrate though. jamie fell out of the open window and began to fall to the ground below him. the wind blew in to the room as the window shatterd. jamie didnt scream as he fell, like he knew he would survive the fall. and i knew he would. if the force field didnt kill him, the fall wouldnt either. i walked towards the window and peered outside.

i watched as jamie fell the last few metres to the ground and finally land on the roof of a car, crushing the metal under his weight and strength. the car alarm sounded and the car lights flcikerd frantickly while the crowd around the car, screamed and scarperd from sight. no one botherd to help him.

jamie just lay still. his eyes peering up into the dark sky. from here, he did look dead. but i knew better. the coldness of the air began to bite at my face so i pulled myself back inside. i turned to face claire and she still stood frozen, looking at the place where jamie once stood. i walked over to her and placed her head in my hands. in my boots i was quite tall so i towerd over claire even though i was younger than her. her eyes looked distant like she wasnt in the toom with me. " claire, claire look at me....its ok" i wisperd. her eyes stirred a little and graduly, she came back to the room. she began to cry and fell to the floor. " hey...its ok" i said, falling to the floor beside her. she leaned into me as she sobbed her heart out, her head against my shoulder. her tears stained my shirt but i didnt care. something like this happens so quickly, it takes ages for you to realize its happend and to believe it. i made soothing noises as she cried. she pulled away and whiped her eyes. "sorry, its just that i knew him so well and all of a sudden i feel like i dont know him at all" she cried. i grabbed her hand and held it for a while. " yh, it was like that for me...one minute i was human and going to school the next i was half angel and vampire and drinking in blood" i laughed heartlessly. the truth was, it wasnt funny at all but i just felt like we both needed to cheer up at the momment.

" come one, lets get out of here because if we stay here then jamie will come back" i said. claire got up and straightend herself out. " where are we going to go?" asked claire. " well nothings going to stop jamie from following us because he will follow our sent but there's more of us there so he will have a hard time getting to you.....and me" i said." ok, let me go and get a bag of stuff then we can get going" claire said quietly. she walked to her room but hurried past the puddle of blood near the door. i heard her rumage through some draws and pileing a load of clothes in a bag. she came in and out of her bedrooom sometimes going to the bathroom to get a few things. within five minuets she came out.

she was properly dressed, wearing a black lether jacket and faded blue jeans with a almsot worn out pare of trainers on her feet. a large black waterproof bag rested against her back full of her things. " ready?" i asked. she nodded. in the dim light of the room, i noticed she had cleaned up her face a little. " ok" i said. and walked to the door. claire knew she needed to open the door because she barged past me and began to slide her room card through the card holder on the door again. the light turned green on the first swipe. " huh, it opens when we dont need it to" i joked. but claire didnt say anything.

we walked down the endless stairs and corridors in silence hardly passing anyone. the corridors were poorly lit but enough to see where we were going. even i could see well enough without my night vision. the receptionist didnt even bother to ask where we were going at such an early hour but i could tell she was thinking we were crazy as she gazed at us wide eyed. and i think she could tell claire had no sleep yet. claire's looked half asleep already, her feet almost tripping over each other as she walked out of the hotel first.

we walked into the cold night air and into the snow blizzerd that had just started, making me pull up my hood on my coat as i put it on.  we couldnt see if jamie was still on the car because a huge crowd of people had gatherd around the car and two police cars and an ambulance had parked not far away. nether of us spent to long looking to catch a glimpse of him. we just needed to get away from here as we could and get to the mansion as quick as we could before jamie caught up with us.

and i had a feeling we were going to see jamie again sometime soon.