More Than Me

Tracy's POV

" No way, you are a witch." I said to Betty laughing hard.

" Yes, I agree I am but it will work. You can mark my words with red underlined." She said to me.

" Isn't it too straightforward?" I asked her.

" Just make them kick her out of the office. She is a threatening." Betty said and I nodded.

" I am still confused why she had done this. She just could have informed the others in her team or she could have made hers then cause her presentation was at last. But she didn't. It was utterly stupid." I said.

" May be stupid to you but she might've choose to take the easiest way to gain success and as for you are saying team members not everyone in the world are nice and helpful like you. But you know what is our biggest problem?! We all think most of the people in the world is just like us which is actually not. This why people gets chance to make us a fool. Like that girl Susan. She thinks everyone around her is just like her. So honest and pure minded which actually they are not." She said to me.

" Alright, too much to take. Suddenly why Betty is changing?! These deep words don't match you at all." I said to her.

" I know they don't but the thing is I lately got to know something which made me change my views. I think I should have known that before then world would be a better place for me. Things wouldn't be messed." She said to me. I nodded confusedly.

" I didn't get a single words that you just said but I think it's a good change in you." I said to her.

" Yeah, I know that. I like the new me but I still couldn't let go of the hot 'chick' hunting." She said winking at me.

Well, no need to think that Betty has not a straight sexual view. Actually she calls hot guys as 'chick'. Yeah, I know she is weird. But still she is my best friend you know.

" Yeah, you can keep it up. No one is going to stop you until you find out your Mr. Right." I said. "Oh, asking about Mr. Right, what about Philip?" I asked her.

" We broke up." She said to me.

" What?! Why?" I asked her. "You said you both love each other and you guys are going to get married soon." I said to her.

" That busta*d dared to cheat on me. This why I kicked his ass and cut off all the relationship with him." She said.

" Alright. Better then. You will find someone better than him. Don't worry." I said to her.

" Of course, I will. Who will waste tears for an assh*le like him?!! At least not me. Besides I told you I will find out someone here. After all City of Love." She said winking at me and I rolled my eyes.

" Yeah, right. City of Love." I said rolling my eyes.

" Hmm. Talking about a hot 'chick' what do you think about that one?" She pointed behind me. I turned to see and found a tall guy with very pale skin really remind me of my brother. But there were difference was this guy is really not like my Bro. He was holding an arrogant expression like directly came from the jail.

" F*cking choice." I said to her.

" He is hot." She said.

" I think he is a criminal fled from jail." I said to her and she rolled her eyes.

" Well, stop judging people in the first sight." She said. " Now not everyone will be like your Liam. Not everyone will be perfect." She said.

" Liam is not perfect as well. He is stupid." I said.

" Leave it. Wait here. I am going to get this hottie." She said and I stopped her.

" No, stop. Don't go. This guy is not giving me a good vibe." I said to her.

" What's wrong with him?" She asked me. I looked at the guy suspiciously.

" I don't know he looks like a serial killer." I said and she rolled her.

" Sometimes people look different from the person they really are." She said to me. " And look at yourself once before accusing someone." She said and I looked at myself weirdly.

" Now what's wrong with me?" I asked her.

" You also look like one of those hot models did I ever complain about it?" She asked me. I rolled my eyes.

" Keep me away from this. I was just talking about that guy. Let's go you are thinking weird things." I said to her. " Choose a right comparison. You are like comparing Everest with Sahara desert. Insanity should have a limit" I said to her.

" This guy is hot. Whatever you say. I will find him out later." She said.

" Like you will?!" I said.

" Yeah, I will later." She said.

" You are acting too much." I said to her.

" Alright. It's almost 10 now. You should go back." She said to me.

" Yeah, I will call Ferguson." I said.

" I can drop you. Let's go." She said and we walked out of the restaurant.

Suddenly it started to rain heavily. It's been raining here these days. I looked at the road and there were no taxi to be found to reach the hotel.

" It seems I need to call Ferguson." I said and Betty nodded.

I called Ferguson and we were waiting for him. It took awhile for him to pick me up. We dropped Betty and then went back to the hotel.

" Liam came to meet you." Ferguson said.

" Liam came?" I asked him.

" Yeah, don't know if he is still here or went back." He said.

" Where was he when you left to pick me up?" I asked him.

" He was waiting in the lobby of your floor." He said.

" Alright. I will surely check it." I said and he nodded.

Why has he come suddenly!!! I was thinking when the lift's door opened. I walked towards the lobby but found it's almost empty by that time. I walked to the receptionist to ask if she has seen Liam.

" Excuse me?" I said to her.

" Yes, ma'am." She said.

" Have you heard from Mr. Edwards earlier?" I asked her.

" Oh, he was here awhile back, Ma'am. He has left something for you." She said and I nodded. She handed me a small packet.

" Thank you." I said and opened it while walking back to my suite. I found my bracelet that Stella gifted me on my birthday last year. I got a small piece of paper written something.

You left it in the conference room.
Liam.

I sighed. Nothing more?!! I was disappointed. You can hold your ego and be stubborn. But not more than me.