Not A Good Sign

Liam's POV

" What happened to you?! You are looking like a strong thunderstorm hit you badly." Luke said to me. Indeed it was more than a thunder storm.

" Yeah, it did." I said to him.

" What?" He asked me.

" Where is Rora?" I asked him.

" She is sleeping." He said to me.

" Exhausted?" I asked.

" Yeah, she just ate her dinner and then slept right away." He said.

" Then you should go back. She will search for you when she wakes up." I said.

" For your kind information, she sleeps like a little kid. And if she sleeps once won't wake up until it's morning." He said. I chuckled.

" That's actually good. Those people gets a sound sleep who are really have a peaceful and happy life." I said.

" Yeah. I know." He said. " But why are you sitting alone here late night?" He asked me.

" Just to calm myself down." I said to him.

" Why is so?" He asked.

" After all that happened today in the office. I just am messed up. So, were thinking about it." I said to him.

" Well, what happened?" He asked me.

" Nothing that important but it was crazily shocking." I said to him.

" Don't make a maze of words. Talk in sense." He said.

" I am talking in sense only." I said to him.

" Doesn't seem so." He said.

" Why not?" I asked him.

" You look out of things. It's quarter past 2 now. You are still up." He said.

" Well you are up as well." I said to him.

" I slept earlier." He said to me.

" Oh." I said and became silent again not knowing what to say.

What happened?" He asked me.

" Nothing happened, Luke. Not that important." I said.

" Alright, tell me and let me decide that." He said and I nodded.

" Ok, listen." I said and started to explain everything to him. I finished then sighed deeply. I decided not to tell him about Tracy. I decided to talk about this with him some other time.

" That was too much for one day to endure. Why didn't you call me? And what happened to the girl?" He asked me.

" Well, Marc said she is fired already. I don't know what happened next. I came back. I just can't believe it happened in our office." I said.

" It's not always easy, Liam. You don't know when something unexpected is going to be happened." He said.

" Yeah. Seems like that." I said.

" You talked with Tracy after that?" He asked me. " I mean she did a brilliant job." He said to me.

" She did." I said to him.

" Aren't you proud of her?" He asked me.

" Yes, of course I am." I said.

" But you are sounding low today. What's wrong?" He asked me. I sighed.

"  Something happened to Tracy which I am not able to figure out actually what happened." I said to him.

" What happened to her?" He asked me.

" I don't know. I am also trying to find it out." I said to him.

" I mean why do you think like that?" He asked me.

" She is acting abnormal today. I think she got a issue." I said.

" What kind of issue?" He asked me narrowing his eyes.

" Serious issue." I said.

" Don't make a maze of words again. Just say it straight." He said to me.

" I think she has got a short time memory loss problem." I said.

" Why is that?" He asked me.

" She was acting so sweet with me today. It's so different. It's not her." I said.

" What has she done now?" He asked me.

" Well, she has done a lot of things today." I said.

" I am running out of my patience. Just say the exact words, Liam. Don't play a guessing game." He said.

" Well, this morning I saw her in the parking lot." I started to tell him what happened today and how Tracy suddenly changed 180°.

" Really?" He asked me.

" Yes, really. I was as shocked as you are but I don't know what to say. Either she has hit her head somewhere or she under a spell of some weird thing. Or she just have lost her memory." I said.

" I don't know. But it's a good sign though." He said.

" We are talking about Tracy. She is a mystery herself. You can't have a clear thought actually why she is doing this now. May be she is planning for something else." I said to him. He nodded.

" So you agreed to go on those 14 dates with her?" He asked me.

" No, I didn't." I said.

" And why not?" He asked.

" You told me to act rude with her. You forget?" He asked me.

" I haven't but you should just think about it once. She invited you in a friendly invitation. You shouldn't act rude. What has she said then?" He asked me.

" She didn't say anything just left." I said.

" It didn't turn good. You should have said yes." He said.

" Wow, seems like mom is talking to me." I said. " You are sounding like mom today." I said.

" Of course, mom has a brilliant brain not like you." He said and I rolled my eyes.

" Alright, I am stupid what can you do with that now in the middle of the night?" I asked him.

" Am I allowed to do something about this? Will you just change yourself even if someone asks you to?" He asked me.

" No. I will not. I won't change myself. I am the way I am. They are welcome to leave me who has problem with me." I said to him.

" What if Tracy want that?" He asked me and I rolled my eyes.

" Exception is not an example." I said to him. He chuckled.

" Got it. It's quite late now. You should go and take rest." He said to me.

" I will in a few minutes. You go. Good night...oops, good morning, bro. It's already 3 in the morning." I said and he chuckled.

" And you stop walking around like a zombie and sleep." He said to me and I nodded.

" Yeah, sure." I said to him.

He walked back but I kept sitting there. I was thinking about Tracy's sudden change. After thinking about a lot my brain took a decision that these changing behaviors of Tracy is not at all a good sign. Not at all.