Challenge

Tracy's POV

" Hello, Tres. How was the first day at office?" Stella asked me as soon as I picked up the call.

" It was hell." I said to her and sighed.

" Why, girl? What happened?" She asked me.

" What will happen?! I myself made a trap for me and then fell into the it." I said to her.

" I didn't get it. What happened?" She asked me. I sighed.

" I went to office and got a shock." I said to her.

" Why? What happened?" She asked me.

" I found out that this is Edwards contraction farm and Liam is my boss here. F*cking luck of mine. I loathe it for how it just deceived me." I said irritatingly and she chuckled.

" It's alright. Not a big deal." She said.

" Not a big deal!!! Are you insane!! It's big big big deal for me. You know it's awkward." I said to her.

" It is but you need to learn to handle this situation." She said.

" I will but why aren't you surprised like I was?!! Don't tell me you and bro knew it from the start. Then I am not going to forgive you both ever." I said and she chuckled.

" Luke called me this morning and he told me about this." She said.

" Then why didn't you inform me right away?" I asked her.

" You were sleeping then I guess Paris is 8 hours behind if you forget." She said.

" You just could have texted me that." I said.

" I thought to call you when you wake up from sleep. But I got busy with RD at GS and when I came back home you already left for office. I called you but you didn't receive. I think your phone was silent." She said and I sighed.

" F*cking stupid I am. Hell I swear it is not good. I swear it is not at all good." I said totally frustratedly.

" Calm down, Tracy. It's ok. Why are you reacting too much?" She asked me.

" Why am I reacting too much?!! Excuse me!!? You know everything." I told her.

" Yeah, I do. This why was asking. Why are you reacting much? You said you don't feel anything for him?" She asked me.

" Yes, I don't feel anything. But still it's uncomfortable." I literally lied to her.

" Why is that, Tracy? If you don't feel anything then you shouldn't feel awkward as well." She said.

" It's just ..." I stopped realizing she was right. If I don't feel anything then I shouldn't feel awkward as well.

" Just?!" She asked me.

" You won't understand." I said to her.

" If you try to explain then I might understand it." She said to me.

" Well, I don't want to explain it. It will make things more awkward." I said.

" Alright as you wish." She said."Try to take it as a challenge. You have never lose the challenge. I know you won't lose this time as well." She said.

" Alright." I said. " I will try to take it as a challenge." I said to her.

" That's like my fighter girl." She said and I smiled widely though she wasn't able to see that. Still. 

" Yes , I am. Kids must be sleeping, right?" I asked her as it was already quarter past 12 in Melbourne. I heard her sighing.

" Your brother is still not home. He has some work at office to finish. So, the kids along with Finn and Tris watching movie." She said. I smirked from this side.

Actually, I know what happened there. It's their wedding anniversary today. So, the great Flynn Campbell wanted to surprise his wife. He asked me what he should gift her this year. Cause, Stella never ever asks for anything. She is just always happy. She says family is the biggest gift for her. She loves us a lot. I wish you all have a Stella in your life. You can find life can be blessing. May God give her the supreme reward. I crossed my heart.

" Refused to sleep without seeing their dad? Awwwwwwwwwww, my babies." I said. I really miss them all.

" Appearently yes." She said to me.

" And what is Bro doing at office still now?" I asked her.

" I don't know." She said.

" Didn't you ask him?" I asked her.

" Yes, I did." She said.

" What has he say?" I asked her.

" He just said I will be late. You sleep. I might not be back tonight." She said and I chuckled.

" He knows that you won't sleep without him and the kids won't sleep without seeing him. Don't worry he will be there any time now." I said to her.

" He should it's quite late now." She said. " And..." She said then stopped.

" And?!" I asked her. She sighed.

" It's our wedding anniversary today." She said in a sad tone and I smiled from this end.

" Happy wedding anniversary, Stella." I said to her.

" Thank you, Tracy. But your brother might have forgotten it." She said in a sad and disappointing tone. I sighed.

No, he hasn't. He is going to make you so happy. You are going to love it Stella. I sighed inwardly. I am going to miss the fun.

" He is busy these days. This why must've forgotten." I said to her. Just to keep it secret.

" May be but your brother has never ever forgotten this before. Like never ever." She said.

" Relax, Stella. He might remember. You still don't know." I said to her as she was getting upset.

" I know that he has forgotten." She said.

" Don't be so sure, Stella." I said to her.

" I hope so. I also -" she stopped. "Your brother reached." She said. I smiled.

" Alright then. Talk to you tomorrow, Tres. Love you." She said to me and I smiled.

" Love you more, Stella." I said to her. She chuckled.

" Alright, bye girl. Let's see what your brother is doing downstairs so long." She said.

" Alright. Go. Bye take care." I said to her.

" You too take care. Have meals in time and sleep properly." She said.

" Ok, mommy." I said and she laughed.

" Bye, Tres." She said.

" Bye." I said and hung up.

I threw myself on the bed. I was thinking about what Stella said. She was right. I should take it as a challenge. I have to do it. I can't go back. I will win this challenge. I will win.