So Close

Tracy's POV

" I knew that you will make it." Betty said as I called her.

" Yeah, they selected me. I am happy that they accepted me." I said to her.

" Me too." She said.

" What are you doing now, Betty?" I asked her.

" I was just laying lazily listening music. What about you?" She asked me. I facepalmed.

" I am not talking about that. I was asking about your plan for future." I said to her.

" Well, my plan is simple. I am not that hard working girl you that that. So, my easy plan is to trap a rich man and get married then live the life happily without any worries." She said to me and I rolled my eyes.

" Can you ever change?" I asked her.

" I don't know. May be not." She said and giggled. " What are you doing in Paris, girl? It's city of love. Go out and find out a man make your own fairytale. Be the princess. Go, girl. Go." She said to me.

" I don't want to find out anyone. I am all ok." I said to her.

" You should. Go get a man and be happy." She said.

" I can't be happy. You know that." I said.

" At least you can try." She said.

" I can't. I won't actually. I won't find out someone. I can't do that. Never ever." I said to her.

" How long will you keep doing this?" She asked me.

" As long as my fate drag me." I said to her.

" Man is the maker of his own fortune." She said.

" Sometimes life is so messed to compare it with the those words." I said to her and sighed.

" No, I don't want to make you upset now. Let it be. I won't force you to do anything anymore. You can choose your life yourself." She said to me.

" Thank you, Betty." I said to her.

" No need to thank me. But welcome though." She said.

" Hmm. So what is your plan for today?" I asked her.

" Will go to visit Bianca. Then will spend some time with the kids. I miss them badly." She said.

Bianca is her elder sister and her only family. Her parents are no more. I still don't know how they died. Betty never wanted to explain and I never forced her to explain as well. Cause I know how much of a sensitive issue it is to her. I can understand cause I suffered like her losing my parents.

" Alright, Betty. Give my love to all and buy extra gifts for the kids from me. Tell them I am going to gift them something very special after I get my salary next month." I said to her.

" Sure but you owe me a treat. Treat me when you come back. I will be waiting." She said and I chuckled.

" Yeah, sure. No problem." I said.

" But it's better if I come to visit you right?" She asked.

" Oh, you will?" I asked her.

" Sure. After all you are my best friend. You deserve a visit from me. We can have a quality time together. Besides we don't roam around from long. This time we will explore Paris." She said.

" I have a job here in case you forget." I reminded her.

" I didn't know that your office is working on weekends as well." She mocked me.

" Alright, no need say that in a mocking tone." I said.

" Then we can explore in the weekends. I can stay there 2 weeks." She said.

" Sure. Call me when you make all the arrangements or you want me to send you tickets?" I asked her.

" No need. I will make it up soon. No worries." She said.

" Then let it be." I said to her.

" I am coming there soon." She said and I chuckled.

" Will be waiting for your arrival." I said to her.

" But at first tell me is that so hot out there?" She asked me.

" Yes. Approximately temperature is between 25 and 30." I said to her.

" Huh!!! I didn't mean that." She said.

" Then what did you mean?" I asked her.

" I asked if there is a lot of hot guys out there." She said chuckling. I laughed.

" I didn't notice. But it's Paris. There must be a lot of hot guys out there. After all City of love as you said. Your love story might start here. A very hot, handsome, dashing and sexy rich man must be waiting for you here. Come and get him." I said to her.

" HAHAHA. Very funny. Life is not a fairy tale." She said.

" Oh, I didn't know that. Thank you for informing me that." I said to her in a mocking tone.

" Well, no need to be sarcastic." She said to me.

" Isn't this what you were telling me a while back to make my own love story? My own fairy tale and to be the Queen of it?" I asked her.

" Princess." She said.

" Same thing." I said.

" Not the same thing." She said.

" Why not?" I asked her.

" Duh. How can they be the same thing?" She asked me.

" You tell me." I said to her to irritate her.

" Leave it. I know you are trying to irritate me and smirking like an witch on the other side." She said. Well she is not at all wrong. I was really smirking like an witch here. I love to irritate her a lot. It's fun. Hahahaha.

" It's so much fun to irritate you. You know." I said to her laughing.

" Don't laugh." She said.

" Ok." I said and laughed again.

" What's so funny?" She asked me.

" Nothing is so funny." I said to her.

" Well." She said.

" Yeah, well." I said.

" You are going to sit at home all the day long? Go out and enjoy." She said.

" Alone?" I asked.

" Yes, alone." She said. " Try to find out the ways to happy being alone as you don't want to find out someone out there." She said.

" Right. I will do that. Bye then, Betty. Take care." I said.

" Bye. You too take care of yourself." She said and I hung up.

It was weekend and I decided to go out alone. I got ready wearing something comfortable. I don't want to take the securities with me. I smirked thinking something.

You are so clever, Tracy. I said patting my shoulder.

I called Ferguson that I am going for shopping with Kyle. He doesn't need to follow cause I am already there. I smirked at my evil plan as it worked.

I came out of the hotel and started to roam around. I was walking mindlessly suddenly I found someone on the opposite side of the road. I looked at him for a second. I took a deep breath as I found it was Luke and I was sure when I found Aurora. I smiled. I wanted to talk to them but I stopped on my spot as I found the third person there. I started to walk the opposite direction. Alright that was so close.